Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what's the fastest gp800r

anyone know the top speed of the fastest gp800r? and specs?

last thread that asked the question was in 2006, and ended with no real numbers.. has anyone tried to build one since?

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Go get on the RIVA forums, you might get an answer there.

My GUESS would be around 60mph considering I know of GP1300Rs with more than $1500 in work and running under 70. Mine used to be one of them till I met WFO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Racecar_Dave View Post

My GUESS would be around 60mph considering I know of GP1300Rs with more than $1500 in work and running under 70. Mine used to be one of them till I met WFO.
    Why Riva? You can get the same info here.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Racecar_Dave View Post

Wow you must have a slow 1300!! My 1200 with less the $300 is in the 70s all day long..

Mike in Warsaw Mo has a carbon fiber gp hull with a Dan Lamey twin pipe engine and tons "o" mods probably a minimum $10,000 ski if you had to build it these days
    74 all day long!!

again unless you have thousands upon thousand and know how to truly setup a bottom of a hull, good luck!

If someone would "give me" and 800r hull, I'd put one of my two 927's in it and see how fast we could get it to go......anyone got a hull they don't want? Or I could have Woody build me a stoker/bb 66e and put a set of twins on it! I've got everything but the crank and a few extra zeros behind the balance figure in my checkbook (might have to start another stealth account)

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Wow you must have a slow 1300!! My 1200 with less the $300 is in the 70s all day long..
    Had one yes, RIVA put it together all the way back in '03 and shit was all outta wack, nothing was inline with each other and the plate was bent.

Haha... called woody yesterday.. he give me some suggestions... apparently i am heading the wrong way.. time to hit the brakes and re plan..
    without a big budget.. i am heading for speed vs $ spent...
    but still aiming for 70mph..

Quote Originally Posted by cfgp927 View Post
    If someone would "give me" and 800r hull, I'd put one of my two 927's in it and see how fast we could get it to go......anyone got a hull they don't want? Or I could have Woody build me a stoker/bb 66e and put a set of twins on it! I've got everything but the crank and a few extra zeros behind the balance figure in my checkbook (might have to start another stealth account)

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Mike in Warsaw Mo has a carbon fiber gp hull with a Dan Lamey twin pipe engine and tons "o" mods probably a minimum $10,000 ski if you had to build it these days
    74 all day long!!

again unless you have thousands upon thousand and know how to truly setup a bottom of a hull, good luck!
    +1 I agree it is hard to build a fast ski on a 1500 dollar budget it takes money to go fast and 70 is fast for a ski that does what 50 stock thats 20mph over. GL with the build

Takes alot of money to make BIG HP with the 66e, although it can be done. I've been hoarding speed parts for over 10yrs now so putting an engine together is the easiest part for me. I haven't migrated to the gpr hull yet....still having too much fun with the "old school" gp's! The looks on guy's faces after they've been dusted by an old school boat to 60-65mph is priceless!!!! My carbon boat, was never set up to be a top speed boat, rather something to get from buoy to buoy NOW and turn hard!!!! The other GP hull I have, I may try to get to 70 w/less than 950cc this summer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information