Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My new slxh 1050

I bought a slxh 1050 last night on eBay. I called the guy first he said he just bought it from someone he knew and one of the cylinders was messed up. He took the ski to a shop to get it fixed the shop told him to buy the parts he needed to get it fixed and he did but after he bought the parts the shop never fixed his ski. He said they had it for over two months so now he just wants to get some of his money back. He lives only 20 min from me and i am going to pick it up tomorrow to see what kind of trouble I just got myself in. I Wanted to go look at it first but I didn't see the ski on eBay until the bid was almost up. Here are the pic I have seen he said he going to clean it up first and give me all the parts he bought so hopefully with your help we can get this thing running and back in the water. I get the single trailer with the ski to I will find out tomorrow how bad of shape it in.

To my understanding this ski is the little brother to my 2000 slx 1200. The hull is the same it just has a smaller motor. I donít know the year of it so if u can tell be the pics please let me know.

Who has one of these things how do they compare in speed and handling compared to my slx.

+1
    The SLXH is a 98 they are the same hull as your SLX

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You can find a chart of all Polaris PWC models and years here;
    Polaris PWC related information

pictures

Here is the pictures as you can see the thing is really dirty will take a lot of cleaning. I can't tell yet what wrong with that cylinder or why it happened. Hopefully the pictures will work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!BdmnkswBmk~$(KGrHqMH-D8ErGJ+HbDNBK5oZYEs1Q~~_12.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	163019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Bdmnmm!!mk~$(KGrHqUH-D8ErGWvg!9(BK5oZs6htw~~_12.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	163020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Bdmno(gBmk~$(KGrHqMH-C0ErfzVgjSNBK5o,!L-Vw~~_12.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	163021  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000slx1200 View Post
    Here is the pictures as you can see the thing is really dirty will take a lot of cleaning. I can't tell yet what wrong with that cylinder or why it happened. Hopefully the pictures will work.
    Just by the motor from Virageracer and be all set
    it's in the classifieds

I will have to see if the motor is fixable with the parts he has or I need more. If it becomes too much on a endeavor then I will get another motor. If it comes to that how hard would it to be a 1200 in this thing like my slx? I don't want to spend too much money into this thing right now just get it running and in the water. My moneyís going toward the slx for that project.

I got a question do they make kits so I can turn my skis to premix? I built a go-cart with a 1974 Kawasaki 3 cylinder two stroke and ended up milting a piston due to the oil system messing up I would hate for that to happen to one of my skis. My cousin lost his jet boat because one of the oil lines came off his motor and the motor was shot before he even knew a thing happened.

Polaris has one of the more dependable oil injection systems. I still have it on my 785 with Red tops and never experienced a problem. IMO, if you are looking for a boat to just ride, leave it on there. It will definately help when you stop at the marina for fuel not needing premix.

I went and looked at my jet ski tonight and I am going to go back tomorrow to get it. He has the parts to fix it but he left the seat off of the ski and it has now filled the hull with water. I know with the jug off that the engine has gotten water in it and I donít know how long it has been there so that motor is shot. I just pm virageracer I going to get his 1050 if he still has it and drop it in. The ski is in major cleaning and the seat needs rebuilt. That battery was dead so I donít know anything about the mfd we will see if that works.
    I never got a answer on my other question how does this ski compare to my slx in performance and handling? To me the ski looked bigger then my slx but I could be going crazy. How much dose the slxh compare in weight to my slx?

I have a 98 SLXH, and have ridden my buddies 01 SLX. IMO there is no noticible difference. Naturally, the 1200 is faster, but the 1050 definately keeps up decently. As far as handeling, they are equal. They both have the same hull.

What all has to be done in a motor swap how hard is it?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information