Wekend update...

As per a request from MP, I am starting up the Weekend Update (this, an early addition) once again after a summer hiatus..You fellows in the Great White North need reading material and input here is great to knowing what everyone is up to and a good way to perk up the interest in working on your skis..

Please read thru the postings here ,contribute and comment on others efforts...
    lets see where how it goes..I'll post a new one with date every week as long as there is interest..

+1
    Snowing here,cylinders are getting a fresh bore I should have them back soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997 and 1999 GP1200 ontrailer.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	664.9 KB 
ID:	163037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2237.JPG 
Size:	775.5 KB 
ID:	163038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110820090113490774.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	163039  

+1
    Boy that blue hull looks good when cleaned up

+1
    hull inserts came for the blaster...but going to go ahead and replace all 4 so going to get the other "2" ...and then drop it off at the guy to have them put in when he's touching up the glass in the ass of the blaster

+1
    Bring your buffer next time

Name:	100_2233.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	585.8 KB 
ID:	163040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2234.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	708.9 KB 
ID:	163041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2236.JPG 
Size:	716.1 KB 
ID:	163042  

As you can see via the picture taken today..it was 84 degrees in semi stormy/sunny florida.. I'm still riding the GP and have not as of yet put her under the knife for all the performance bits .. my summer has mainly been taken up ski wise, with the building of wr's..right now I have two 500 motors in various stages of compleation on the bench so my building times been taken up..no major excuse as to not having done more this summer other than not feeling well for quite a few weeks.I imagine many of you have had the various stages of the flu and have also battled its on and off symtoms ...its been a biotch working while sick and then keeping semi busy at home and not just hiding out in bed while recooperating...I hope to get the GP started near to the end of winter here and go great guns on her transformation..I can't expect too many more perfect days like today.

Name:	ERIC ON JETSKI 2009 002.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	794.0 KB 
ID:	163043  

+1
    Just got around to replacing a few minor things on the GP. Connector on cdi cable to gauges was cut by PO and spliced with butt connectors and it gave me some starting issues towards the end of summer. Replaced the CDI side of the cable and just paypalled money for another gauge with good connectors.

I scored a new Skat 13/18 Imp for pretty cheap on ebay and I have a new Housing with plastic trim ring to install. I never got the ski tuned completing (due to weather) after installing the riva head so that will be the first to do in the spring.

Have a few areas on the side which need gelcoat repair. Nothing major just scratches around the stock sponsons and stuff like that. Dont know when I'll get to that.

Lastly, I need to pull the carbs see what jetting I have and clean those babies out.

not much in my workshop got the stroker inside and winterized, getting the raider set up for sale!

+1
    Here I though you had already sold the Raider...

Got a ton of parts in today from boats dot net ...so should have the entire pump back in the Raider this weekend...yeah! The only hold up may be installing the "2" new seals that I purchased for the pump itself. Calls for a tool..but I think I can get them in. Blaster is waiting on "2" more ride plate inserts and then being dropped off to get some gel coat repair and new inserts placed in. The previous owner had the plate come loose and chip on the gel coat and I want to make sure it's 100% before tossing back on the plate.

M

schedual 40 pvc makes some great inexpensive drivers for seal installation.. find some of that, make your own specific use drivers ..

I have the gasket set here for the second 500 ..Waiting for the o/e pistons and rings I was able to buy from various ebay sellers.. two pistons,rings,pins and gaskets new 'o/e' for $150.00 total with shipping.. I'd use gerry here for GP STUFF but a single piston and ring set with pin is 140.00 if it was still available, retail.... only thing yet to verify is that i have enough bearing needles for it..otherwise I'll find some caged units.. I do like to use the loose needles when possible as they provide a more spread load on the wrist pin surface..

Weather has turned cold here in florida with FREEZE WARNINGS for the weekend , but we're expecting a warm front by monday.. hope to get some more ride time on the GP !!!

Thread Information