Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    canadian iceman
    +1

09 rxpx waterbox mod

so I have veiwed the stock rxp waterbox mod in detail and they cut off the FRONT of the WB to gut it out....the 2009 model is different !!...do we still cut the front or middle or back?? anybody done this mod??

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    how is it different....i cut the front off at the weld and cut the outlet off flush in the inside..and cut out the big wall...welded the end back on..then modified the pipe going in..this is in the works...may go into production but it will be a machiened piece you weld to your existing pipe

absolute pain to form 1/4 inch flat aluminum to this

canadian iceman
    +1
    how much do you cut off the 4 inch pipe going into the waterbox??

you dont...that stays..just remove the wall ...you will see when you remove the front ...i have done them before ...i just got one for myself...i have it open ...ill get pics tomarrow......it is about half cut ge forwarened it isnt easy to get in to cut..

canadian iceman
    +1
    will you post pics when you have time? Would it be easier to just torch holes in the wall inside?

i do use my plasma to get it started ..a sawzaw..gets most of it ut is just hard to get in to cut without hitthing the end of th blade on something...if you just cut holes...there is a chance pieces could break off later and get lodged...

+1

canadian iceman
    +1
    that's what i was looking for...I don't totally understand the flare he adds to the inlet on the box...?? not sure on this part??

i never saw the thread on the 08 boxes..but i can see verns point..i thinki 3/4 of an inch from the bottom is too restrictive ...that is the restriction..after you remove the baffle...

the older boxes are almost the same inside just the inlet pipe is different..j pipe...i flaired mine...years ago.. i didnt see the flair here...the reverse megaphone is being used on alot of race vehicles ...so i thought i would make one and try it...i just need to send it to danny and flow it ..to really know...but it sounds good to me on paper...

my modded 07 box... sounds good... i do run a rear exit...sound is somewhere between a sport bike and a power boat..

this type of exhaust is used on many high end race vehicles..as the velocity of the exhaust gasses travel down the tube it gets larger ..the gasses have to expand t fill the void ...causing...a vaccume affect..to the exhaust..comming from the engine kina sucking it out of the cylinders..the longer the cone the better they work ..racers say the increased torque is noticable you put the reverse cone on the end..to slow the gasses entering from the open end...and reducing the vaccume affect...you see them alot on moto gp motorcycles...the reverb or scavaging is enhanced because the gasses gain speed and it acts as a velocity stack as the gasses go back toward th cylinders on the other end

the pics posted are a 08 pipe..i originally was thinking of making the whole pipe out of stainless steel ...but the cost of all the cones v band flanges ect..would make it cost prohibitive...even for just one for myself..so i had formed this one out of 1/4 flat aluminum and cut the straight secton of pipe off the stock 08 pipeand welded it together ...i hand made this one ....way to much work for production......but...thinking of having them turned on a lathe welding the reverse on them ...and you can cut your stock x boat mid pipe and have it welded on to it at the local welding shop...like i did ..the prototype...but it would be nicer...that would keep the cost way down.. broke the pump shoe last time out so havent gotten a chance to get it on and see..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information