Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

xs intercooler without ecu?

My 2006 rxp has a riva stage 1 shorty waterbox, 42lb injectors, x charger, and thru hull exhaust. should i run a xs interooler with out upgrading the stock ecu or am i due for an upgrade? should i upgrade my 14/19 impeller regardless with my current setup?

Quote Originally Posted by jmclearran View Post
    My 2006 rxp has a riva stage 1 shorty waterbox, 42lb injectors, x charger, and thru hull exhaust. should i run a xs interooler with out upgrading the stock ecu or am i due for an upgrade? should i upgrade my 14/19 impeller regardless with my current setup?
    /

Go ahead and do the intercoller, Fizzle has a great product. I was running mine with 42's, a Stg3 wheel and a 15/20 4 blade with no problems. Your 14/19 might be enough. You should also invest on a 4 inch intake setup. Dont waste the money on the ecu yet. Best bang for the buck would be the intercooler and the 4 inch intake IMO.

Sounds good! Thank you sir

+1
    You will need a RRFPR as well if you go with a intercooler upgrade.

The 42s alone are not enough fuel to supply the X SC and an intercooler.

As Blue said a 4" intake would be good addition.

Your prop will be too small if you wana run all that stuff and keep rpm at 8100. If you were to go with a ECU the prop would prob be OK but still need a re-pitch.

If I was gona do it all over ( look at the mods I have currently. Basicaly what you want to do) I would prob just go with the Riva ECU and Valvetrain + 50 injectors instead of going with the RRFPR and BEGi ( I know most wouldnt need the BEGi at this level of mods but to get mine running well i did.), you wouldnt have to worry about AF ratio as the ECU will look after all that just fine with the X charger. If you decided to go larger in the future then you would have to add a RRFPR at that point. R88

you don't replace the 14/19R impeller but you add the cone + steering nozzle of sea doo xp di 951, test and tell me bye cenzo

Okay much uselful information! thank you guys!

+1
    Welcome to the forum!!!!

You dont have to upgrade your ecu to benifit from running an external intercooler. In fact you will see good gains with the X sc and XS intercooler combo.

Be sure you fuel it correct like stated and you will need the 15/20 for that setup.

+1
    On that set up my rxp ran 76mph all day. Stock ecu,x charger,42lb injectors,fizzle ic

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cenzo View Post
    you don't replace the 14/19R impeller but you add the cone + steering nozzle of sea doo xp di 951, test and tell me bye cenzo
    He will need at least a 15/20 with his intended set-up. Im adding a 15/20 and im only adding an S3 charger. Most people are running a 15/20 with only a GEN II wheel and intercooler.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    You will need a RRFPR as well if you go with a intercooler upgrade.

The 42s alone are not enough fuel to supply the X SC and an intercooler.

As Blue said a 4" intake would be good addition.

Your prop will be too small if you wana run all that stuff and keep rpm at 8100. If you were to go with a ECU the prop would prob be OK but still need a re-pitch.

If I was gona do it all over ( look at the mods I have currently. Basicaly what you want to do) I would prob just go with the Riva ECU and Valvetrain + 50 injectors and be done, you wouldnt have to worry about AF ratio as the ECU will look after all that just fine with the X charger. If you decided to go larger in the future then you would have to add a RRFPR at that point. R88
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information