My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Falicon knife edge connecting rods (info inside)

Hey guys I have been looking around for different manufacturers for connecting rods for the 15f, ultra lx, ultra 250, and ultra 260, the falicon pieces seen here are their knife edge rods, they are a viable alternative to the carrillo and riva rods, I spoke with one of their representatives and he told me that if we can get an order of ten rods then it will cost us $275 per rod, but if we can get an order of 20 (or 5 sets) then the cost will go down to $247. What does everyone think, I know skips was impressed with their crank work and their rods shouldnt be any different.

if you are interested please post in this thread, and let me know how many set you will be interested in, I am probably not going to purchase these until after the new year, but hopefully we can get enough of an interest in this and get the price even lower...

Sean

Banned User
    are there used in any watercraft yet?

The price is good ,compared to the Corrillo connectong Rods price of $1350
    How much are those cranks they build for the Ultra ,with no core ?

+1
    you have to send them in to get worked on, its not an exchange type job.

they arent used in our skis but they have rods out for the yamaha 1.8 in the sho and fzr

Sean

Some history on the 1.8 rods. Riva had them made and then switched to the Carrillo. No reasonable explination was given for the switch but it left Falicon with product.

I too looked into the rods at Falicon for the Kawi but the weight was an issue for me. Knife edge is strong and shed oil really good but I was looking for weight loss.

BluUltra250X tipped me off to these guys selling the 1350 ones for 1095. http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/ca...showprevnext=1

+1
    so they are heavier than the h beams? Ill talk to the guy at falicon and see how much it would be to get h beams made, their off the shelf ones are 218 a rod, so that is almost $200 less than the carrillos, we will see, im just looking for more options.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    so they are heavier than the h beams? Ill talk to the guy at falicon and see how much it would be to get h beams made, their off the shelf ones are 218 a rod, so that is almost $200 less than the carrillos, we will see, im just looking for more options.

Sean

Your first post said 245 to 275 a rod. How did it drop to $218. At 218 Retail then thats a pretty good price.

Make sure you send them a set of rods, crank and cases. That way you dont get into clearance problems with the rod bolts.

Once they are made then youll have your total weight. Would be really cool if Falicon does do a production run of the Kawi rods.

+1
    the original post was for the knife edge rods, the 218 is based on what the zx14r h beam rods are, I know they arent interchangeable but the price would be closer than the knife rods...

Sean

+1
    ]BluUltra250X tipped me off to these guys selling the 1350 ones for 1095. http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/ca...showprevnext=1
    Shoot Nick from Schnitz an email. Tell him Scott sent ya and he may be able to work on the price. Its worth a try!

+1
    thanks for the heads up, ill give it a try when the funds come in...

Sean

Thread Information