Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cylinder boring In Metro Detroit

Anyone out there in the Metro Detroit area have a good machine shop they would recommend for cylinder boring. The place by me is just too pricey at $70 a hole. I have 7 cylinders that need boring so Iím hoping to find a place that does good work at a little better price.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Know of a few,But all eastsiders.

Call A&J auto Parts in Madison Heights,and ask for Big Mark(Think he is still working there) He does boring there,but also has a full machine shop at his house. I haven't talked to him in years,but he should still be around. Ask if he still does stuff out of his house.

The place I started to mainly use is in St.Clair. It's Superior Engine. Phil is his name and he does excellent work,and a fair price also.810-367-3056

+1
    give me a call and if you have 7 cylinders i will give you a great deal.....call the shop at 315-343-6513 on tuesday or you can PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Know of a few,But all eastsiders.

Call A&J auto Parts in Madison Heights,and ask for Big Mark(Think he is still working there) He does boring there,but also has a full machine shop at his house. I haven't talked to him in years,but he should still be around. Ask if he still does stuff out of his house.

The place I started to mainly use is in St.Clair. It's Superior Engine. Phil is his name and he does excellent work,and a fair price also.810-367-3056
    Thank you for information. I'll give both of them a call and see what they can do for me.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    You could always box them up and ship to Jay,Might be worth it. Unless you get over to the eastside often.

Quote Originally Posted by 4strokepolaristech View Post
    give me a call and if you have 7 cylinders i will give you a great deal.....call the shop at 315-343-6513 on tuesday or you can PM me.

Sharps Marine is who I am planning to use if I can't find a place locally that I think can do a good job for a reasonable price.

Thanks....Gary

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar

+1 for Sharp's Marine. They may be reworking my Ocean Pro head and boring and honing my PSI cylinders for the new oversize pistons. They know what they are doing and I trust them with the custom parts!

Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post

+1 for Sharp's Marine. They may be reworking my Ocean Pro head and boring and honing my PSI cylinders for the new oversize pistons. They know what they are doing and I trust them with the custom parts!
    They are a great place for sure. I bought a disassembled 1200 crank from them a few years ago. It was in super condition and really well packaged. I couldn't have been more pleased.

I just figured thet the shipping expense for 7 cylinders was going to be kind of high so I'm looking for a place locally. However, they might be going to Sharps anyways.

+1
    guys USPS has flat rate boxes and they are priority mail and you can ship up to 70 lbs as long as it fits in the box...and 2-3 day delivery.....and the boxes are FREE can't beat it. just make sure you put tracking on it and insure it. As for shipping back we will find the best way either usps or ups.....always cheaper to ship to and from a business with UPS...

P.S. thanks for the kind words about Sharp's Marine. It means a lot to the Sharp's and me!

There's a guy I use in Waterford near Cass Lk...He's quick and hones for $15...I think boring is no more than $50/ hole (he has real Sunnen equipment, not some half ass stuff that some locals use). Can't go wrong with Jay either...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information