stock fzr banging rev limiter

hello has anyone had a problem with their STOCK FZR banging the rev limiter easily?? in the summer in nor cal it never did but, last time i took it out it was much colder and it was ALL OVER the REV limiter..i.e. out of the whole cruising on plane say @ 30 -40mph then grab a handfull and intantly all over the rev limiter??...i thought the computer callibrates for the air temp difference???? HELP PLEASE....thanks

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    have you sucked up any rocks or debris or beached the craft recently? sounds like cavitation

Question

no i havent sucked up anything and the prop is perfect..the funny thing is my nephew who has a sho cruiser 09 (we wre riding together) and it was doing the same thing as mine... we have both been riding pwc's for 20 years and never had this issue due to weather change but, we were on carburated models...

+1
    Where in NorCal do you live?

Actually plausable if in substantially cold air and water like 40-50* or so...

Spend money, go faster..

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Where in NorCal do you live?
    i live in oakdale and ride @the delta where i keep my houseboat....

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Actually plausable if in substantially cold air and water like 40-50* or so...

Spend money, go faster..
    ya im going to but im not going to get crazy like putting on a motec or anything like that im just looking for maybe 5 mph more or so with a budget of under 1,500 if possible....

+1

Thumbs up Weather and Horsepower

Quote Originally Posted by dniacaris View Post
    hello has anyone had a problem with their STOCK FZR banging the rev limiter easily?? in the summer in nor cal it never did but, last time i took it out it was much colder and it was ALL OVER the REV limiter..i.e. out of the whole cruising on plane say @ 30 -40mph then grab a handfull and intantly all over the rev limiter??...i thought the computer callibrates for the air temp difference???? HELP PLEASE....thanks
    The problem is that these supercharged motors make a lot more HP when the weather is good (low temperature, high baro pressure, low humidity) and now you don't have tall enough prop for the added HP you are seeing with the good weather. There can be as much as a 10%- 15% swings in HP between best weather conditions to bad weather conditions. On a 210 hp motor that can be a difference of 20-30 hp ratings. Here is a link to a HP caculator vs weather and altatude. Play around with the numbers and notice how much the HP % changes with weather conditions. http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_dp.htm Tommy Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    The problem is that these supercharged motors make a lot more HP when the weather is good (low temperature, high baro pressure, low humidity) and now you don't have tall enough prop for the added HP you are seeing with the good weather. There can be as much as a 10%- 15% swings in HP between best weather conditions to bad weather conditions. On a 210 hp motor that can be a difference of 20-30 hp ratings. Here is a link to a HP caculator vs weather and altatude. Play around with the numbers and notice how much the HP % changes with weather conditions. http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_dp.htm Tommy Jordan
    thannx 4 the info, i was thinking on the same lines..so here is my dilemma, if i repitch the prop for these conditions it will run great with more top speed.. but, in the summer i will be slower than stock correct? due to the fact i will not have the hp. to pull it..if someone has the perfect fix please let me know!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dniacaris View Post
    thannx 4 the info, i was thinking on the same lines..so here is my dilemma, if i repitch the prop for these conditions it will run great with more top speed.. but, in the summer i will be slower than stock correct? due to the fact i will not have the hp. to pull it..if someone has the perfect fix please let me know!!!
    The best solution I know of right now is to have different size reduction nozzles for summer and winter. The larger the reduction nozzle the higher the rpm's, the smaller the reduction nozzle the lower the rpm's or a couple of different pitch props!

Thread Information