Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T U-verse

+1

AT&T U-verse

Just wondering if anybody out here has AT&Ts U-verse..I keep getting special offers from them and was concidering switching over..I currently have Direct TV and do like the service But am curious about AT&Ts service..For what i am paying for Satilite TV alone i can get U-verse TV,Home phone sevice and Free one year internet sevice...

Thanks Guys.

Sno.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Just wondering if anybody out here has AT&Ts U-verse..I keep getting special offers from them and was concidering switching over..I currently have Direct TV and do like the service But am curious about AT&Ts service..For what i am paying for Satilite TV alone i can get U-verse TV,Home phone sevice and Free one year internet sevice...

Thanks Guys.

Sno.
    My neighbors just got theirs about 2-3 months ago and so far they love it. Also benefitted better on the big packages. I have not switched over cause everything here works fine, and it's the same price.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    My neighbors just got theirs about 2-3 months ago and so far they love it. Also benefitted better on the big packages. I have not switched over cause everything here works fine, and it's the same price.

Thanks SHO!!Ya all is good here except the price...For what i pay for Direct TV I can get house phone,TV and Internet....So i was thinking about it..It would save me a hundred bucks a month..

+1
    My brother has had u-verse for a year and loves it.. I am waiting till I can get it then I am switching..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post

my father and I have it. not to bad of a package and has some cool features but really miss dtv. loved the channel layout. like all the good channels are next to another. 269 to 300something were the shizniz. so it was a curve ball with uverse. uverse has this track Santa channel that takes you to a program with games songs and facts of Christmas. fun for the kids if you got em. picture quality blows to dtv. and I mean blows. there are HD channels. way back in the back of the channel lineup. but even dtv's non HD channels were better. phone is same as anything else. feature on uverse let's you totally program phone settings like who to block, set your answering machine message even when not home, listen to your messages online, and that kinda stuff. also can control your dvr online. internet isn't bad. we have the 6mbps with gateway system. so in our honest opinions, we miss dtv. but to each there own.

+1
    Hey Sno, just something to think about. My neighbor has a bundle deal with mediacom(I know its not the same as AT&T) but he has the "phone,internet,tv" deal and when one goes out he's got NOTHIN!!!! It all comes in on one cable so when the system goes down you have no TV, no phone and no internet till they fix whatever is wrong. I am sure AT&T is probably better than mediacom but they are both still cable media......food for thought

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Hey Sno, just something to think about. My neighbor has a bundle deal with mediacom(I know its not the same as AT&T) but he has the "phone,internet,tv" deal and when one goes out he's got NOTHIN!!!! It all comes in on one cable so when the system goes down you have no TV, no phone and no internet till they fix whatever is wrong. I am sure AT&T is probably better than mediacom but they are both still cable media......food for thought

OMG i would die if they all went down at the same time,lol..Good thinking Tommy,thanks!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post

oh yeah forgot that part. uverse also goes dead if line goes out. here's the stupid thing they do; they give you this Battery pack that stays charged all the time. when power goes out Battery kicks in. here's the kicker, its only for saving your information. it doesn't keep anything powered on. big ugly waste of space it is.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Snoman View Post
    OMG i would die if they all went down at the same time,lol..Good thinking Tommy,thanks!!!!
    Yea that is a big problem and it seems to happen quite a bit for them, He always used to call me and ask if my internet was down to make sure it wasn't just him. I told him I won't carry all of them in one bundle because when there is a problem you loose them all, they are all on the same cable. The wife works from home on the computor and we can't afford to have it go out like that, the savings are just not worth it for us. To each his own!

+1
    We switched to uverse and saved 90 bucks a month and incresed dsl speed to 6.0 from 3.0.
    So far it has been good. Directv would go out on just a simple rainstorm! And directv always gave me refurbished recivers...a big issue..and a real pain in the a$$. I had 6 tv's with dvr's and they were always breaking down, and I would have to spend a hour on the phone then they would mail a "refurbished" replacement THREE DAYS later...sucked. Uverse is one bill, nice and easy. Customer Service is excellent. They are putting Billions into the techonlogy so it will only get better. Directv has too many "contractors" here and everytime I need service I would get one that doesn't speak english. Just my experience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information