Riva flame arrestors and billet adapters
    UMI steering and bars like new.
    Like new Beach House sponsons
    Aftermarket throttle
    Not sure what kind of impeller
    Clean clear Florida title
    Needs a battery and the rod for the trim system
    I'm not 100% sure if the gauge works or not
    Ski fires up, but will only idle for 10-15 seconds. It sat for many years and the gas is old. Fuel system needs to be cleaned for sure.
    Hull has one good sized scrape in the nose (see pic)
    Bottom of hull is excellent.
    Seat is ok, but needs a good cleaning
    If you are into these things, it's a great project. I would like to restore this ski, but I just don't have the know-how of Polaris skis to do it right.
    Please see the pics. Come see it in person if you wish, I encourage it. It's an ex-race ski, and it needs some TLC since it's been sitting quite some time.
    I can deliver and/or ship if needed for a fee.
    I might part it out if I can't sell it quick enough. Please contact me if you want something.

Price: $1,200
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 008.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	163287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 005.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	275.9 KB 
ID:	163288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 007.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	163289  

More pics:

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 010.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	163290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 014.jpg 
Views:	697 
Size:	277.9 KB 
ID:	163291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 016.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	163292  

Couple more pics

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 012.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	163293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 013.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	270.1 KB 
ID:	163294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997 Polaris Pro 785 12-09 018.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	278.6 KB 
ID:	163295  

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Did you do anything to it since you bought it for $900 or less?

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/boa/1488580296.html

Or did you buy it from this guy that claims he got it for "dirt cheap" and are trying to turn a profit?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113036

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Did you do anything to it since you bought it for $900 or less?

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/boa/1488580296.html

Or did you buy it from this guy that claims he got it for "dirt cheap" and are trying to turn a profit?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113036
    Ouch maybe its just the way I read your post, but it seems like you called him out and are being a little harsh. Lots of people sell stuff on here in hopes of turning a profit, nothing wrong with that X. What this guy payed for it has nothing to do with what its worth.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, non of that matters, BUT there was more involved with the sale & purchase of it, such as imprisoned former owners (or current?), possession of title, purchase of title from person who actually had possession of the title, etc., all of which is now squared away giving ME clean, clear Florida title.

And yes, I have a feeling that the guy that I purchased it from got it for "dirt cheap". I have a feeling that he may have even got it for FREE (or almost nothing).
    And no, I didn't "bust his balls" about that fact that he was trying to sell me a ski for $900 that he got for nothing, because, well, what he paid for it isn't any of my business. And, I don't begrudge anyone for trying to make money. And, I thought what he was asking for the ski was pretty almost fair given the parts involved (almost).

Since I've been aware of the ski, it's been about, oh, 2 months maybe. Probably October. When I first found out about it I was trying to line up a package deal for a couple Polaris skis, and this one was supposed to become a part of that. In the mean time, I told another user here, Kieth Neff, about the ski and the package and how I was waiting on it and whatever, and he said he was interested in the ski when I got all the paperwork sorted out, etc. (and I'm quite sure Kieth Neff knew full well I was aiming to make a profit on it). During all this time that I was waiting for the paperwork issue to be sorted out, Kieth Neff called me and pm'd me several times telling me he wanted the ski (again, knowing full well I was going to be selling it in the hopes of making a profit). About a month prior to this, Kieth Neff purchased another Polairs ski from me that I was working on as a project, and he was very satisfied with the ski and the price that he paid for it (obviously enough so that he wanted to buy another similar one from me). When I did finally get the ski and the paperwork sorted out, I did exactly what I said I'd do: Call Kieth Neff and give him first shot at it. Kieth (again, knowing full well my intent was to make a profit), made me a very good, solid offer. However, shipping & shipping cost is the issue due to his distance from me. Thus, I posted it here last night, as a complete ski with the possibility of parting it out (which is becoming more of a probability then a possibility).
    Frankly, I'd rather just sell it to Kieth Neff, because he doesn't give me any crap, is very appreciative of what I do for him, pays well and easily, and I like him.
    If I could figure out a way to get it to him that we could both afford, I'd much rather sell it to him for less than I posted it here for, just for the reasons I already posted.

In addition to the purchase price, I drove my truck an hour each way to get it, and ultimately paid for the purchase of the original title, then paid to transfer the title to me. I spent an hour cleaning the ski. The ski in the picture looked NOTHING like the ski that I purchased. (lol).

If me posting this ski here with the intent of making a profit is a problem, I will gladly post it on ebay tonight. It really doesn't matter to me, and the fees don't bother me. Just thought I'd give the hard core Polaris guys here first crack at it, but it appears I may have made a mistake.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Not being harsh, just asked a ligitimate question about the ski. (It appears to have changed hands 3 times in the last 2 weeks and was curious to know if anything had been done to it since the price seems to be rising)

Thanks for the detailed explaination Seats, it does appear you had to jump through a few hoops and would deserve to be compensated for it.

It just bothers me when people come through here trying to profit from this group of guys. Sure, some people make a little money dealing in parts. But when you see the same ski listed for cheaper earlier being sold by someone who's not even a Polaris fan for more $$$, it just makes me think that someone who really wants a PRO 785 project just got screwed.

It appears that there's more to it than just that.

So, SeatsR4toilets, I am sorry for coming off on the wrong foot. I hope you accept my apology and are able to make a sale. Kevin

No sweat, and thanks for that.
    There was, years ago, a large Polaris dealer in the area where I live. They must have sold a TON of skis, because you always see them on the road down here, and at the lake etc., and me coming from the midwest I know there are alot of hard-core Polaris guys up there, and it doesn't seem there are any hard-core Polaris guys down here, so when I see something decent I try and grab it. And if I can make a profit on top of it, great. I like to make profit.

Yeah, I think it bounced around a couple owners in the last couple weeks, but I don't think it actually changed hands (or legal ownership) at all due to the title issues. I also think the hands that it did change were through a landlord and a tenant (the guy I got it from sorta explained it to me but I didn't quite get it). And then finally somebody came up with the Florida titles and the lien releases and signatures, etc.
    When I first tried to buy it several weeks ago, and the issues came up, I thought it was a dead deal. Then I saw it on Craigslist, and when I contacted the seller I found out there were still no papers....and after probably 2 weeks the thing was still sitting on Craigslist, unsold. Then through the shop that I work with I heard about the 2 other people involved, and that it did get sorted out, and then I called and said "yeah, I'll take it now".
    ...and that's pretty much how it all went down (I think..lol)

I'm assuming no one else down here wanted it, because it sat on Craiglist for at least a couple weeks I think, and it was for sale obviously before that....and he actually looked me back up after all this time had past from the begining of this back in October I think...who knows.
    I'll do the work and part it out and ebay them if that makes better sense to the "true" Polaris guys on here.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Alot of good parts there,would be great for someone to grab it and get her running. Seems all the good skis are miles from me....Maybe it's all the cornfields around here and lack of water

Back in Michigan,I'm sure a could have found deals right and left,but I had a 38' boat and didn't need a ski.LOL

Goin' on fleabay tonight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information