Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weekend update 12/11/09

This is the first offical weekend update since the summer hiatus..Tell us what you've done and what became of your plans thru out the week..Post pictures and your weekly update .. these may help others to carry thru with their own mods and ideas....thanks

+1
    Still waiting on parts to come in although, I do have the parts to put the Raider pump back together. I'm not sure if that will happen this weekend....or even until spring. The motivation is down since it's only 19F outside

+1
    Its possible that I might get my top end back for my 1999 GP1200 on Sunday or Monday.

It will have a fresh bore and new pistons.
    It still needs a 5 deg nozzle and I need to get my J prop pitched and swap it out with the I prop thats in there now.
    I am going to run a 14/19 pitch.
    It should run 64 mph at 7000 + rpm.
    It will be ready to run against Kris on the 4th of april on the Fox river or the Chain O.Lakes .

As we all know I took braging rights over Kris in 2009 he needs to bring a better game in 2010.
    Or it will be like this all over again

I wont say it..but its double t-shirt weather here..

pictures below will show what Ive been doing besides riding the GP...

First pic is of the major built motor of the WR..this motor is bored and ported..it uses ceramic coated piston tops and teflon coatings on the sides.. its built with o/e 'loose needle' bearings at the pin ends and a o/e crank center bearing that is the flat roller type to withstand load better . The crank bearings in this motor were changed by me using home grown expanders to split and space the crank while repressing with a 20 ton shop press.crank pins are wiseco units..The bearings are all new o/e type with proper split rings and pins unlike most of the cranks reman'd today...the protec o/e lightened flywheel and boysens 2nd gen split reeds will round this assembly, along with an aftermarket gray sbn/r , a prok f/a and a bright ss polished protec pipe.. pictures to follow before insertion into a hull...

The second picture is of the cylinder head for this engine ..it has been milled .030 to raise compression along with being coated with the ceramic shield in the combustion chamber..
    In the third picture, note the chamber, and its almost non existant lip ,where it joins the cylinder wall.. with the latest head gasket design this should put me very close to my target compression ratio of approx 160Lbs. (.010 FOR 10LBS).. the outside of the head has also been coated with a surface treatment to enable it to radiate heat faster to the surounding air..

I did receieve my new pistons today and learned something new.. yamaha redesignated alot of the 6k8 parts to the new 689 number and also uses mercury /mariner designator 761 on some .. this will come in handy on ebay to find future parts!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	163383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-002S.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	163384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	163385  

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Its possible that I might get my top end back for my 1999 GP1200 on Sunday or Monday.

It will have a fresh bore and new pistons.
    It still needs a 5 deg nozzle and I need to get my J prop pitched and swap it out with the I prop thats in there now.
    I am going to run a 14/19 pitch.
    It should run 64 mph at 7000 + rpm.
    It will be ready to run against Kris on the 4th of april on the Fox river or the Chain O.Lakes .

As we all know I took braging rights over Kris in 2009 he needs to bring a better game in 2010.
    Or it will be like this all over again
    We havent heard from Kris here on the 1st official update, as of yet..Yes, you do have the braging rites wrapped up!!! I do expect that PILO may have alot to say about that overall once he gets the BIGRAIDER built motor into his GP in 2010 and spends some time setting her up thru the summer...KRIS,PILO WORD UP BROS!...???

Didn't I read HALLPASS was working into oldschool now? whats up on your BLASTER?? .. All you RAIDER Fellows , pipe in on what your doing.. speak up fellows!!!!

+1
    I only claim braging rights over Kris

+1
    I'm calling it....decided to dump my stuff in storage and mess with it all in the SUmmer. Glues won't seal to good when it's 15F so..why bother. I will fix the junk pile this summer and ride the go cart around.

I'm planning on building the engines and putting them inside though "wink"

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    I'm calling it....decided to dump my stuff in storage and mess with it all in the SUmmer. Glues won't seal to good when it's 15F so..why bother. I will fix the junk pile this summer and ride the go cart around.

I'm planning on building the engines and putting them inside though "wink"
    wind chill is a mother at 15f.. wear some good stuff while out in those carts..HELL M/P might want to buy one of those plugin heated suits like the snowmo guys use!!

You have too much stuff running concurently like I do...thats prob the main issue..I have to stop getting involved into other stuff and get this stuff done first...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I only claim braging rights over Kris
    thats cool.. MAYBE Kris will get on here and comment ..

+1
    Yeah I'm seriously going to be working 13 hours day EVERY day until Xmas due to new Development so....looks like I will be tied up until the first of the year anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information