Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

help me understand the BEGi

now ive been doing all the reading and searches i can find but am still a little confused. i know the 2025 is the one recommended by others on here and you can adjust the onset of rise and get your afr's dialed in real good through out the rpm range w/ one. what im trying to figure out is, is it the begi only regulator you need or is it used in conjunction w/ another. from what i gather it seems like people are using it w/ another. right now i have the rude rrfpr w/ refrence line, return, stock rail blah blah. just having a hard time trying to figure out how the two would hook up together. ive done fuel systems on n/a cars before so im sure its no big deal just wanna hear some info from the pro's.
    thanks in advance
    mike

You will use both. Use the Rude RRFPR to set your AFR at idle. The BEGI is used to set AFR at midrange with onset adjustment. Turning this screw in will cause the BEGI to start increasing fuel pressure at lower boost levels richening up the midrange. WOT is adjusted with the little brass needle screw. This screw adjusts the rate of gain, fuel pressure increase/boost ratio.
    The BEGI is installed in the fuel return line between the RRRFR and the fuel tank. The BEGI will override the RRRFPR since it will be adjusted for a higher rate of fuel pressure gain with boost. I run this setup with the stock fuel rail and the mods listed in my signature.
    It took some investigating for me to understand it too. It's really simple once you see how the BEGI works though.
    Hope this helps.

+1

Banned User
    +1
    as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. just plug the return out of my rude and run it through the BEGi. i guess the only two questions i would have left is which fpr would you want to mount your fuel psi gague in. i would assume in my case it would be the rude and two, does it matter if you have your refrence lines off the same "T"

+1
    The gauge can go anywhere in the system the current location is fine. There is no need to have a reference/boost line to the 1:1 (Rude) as it only controls Idle.

Ballpark settings running B-wheel and 42# injectors.

Idle: set with the 1:1 engine running 25psi.
    Mid: set with the Begi onset screw engine off lanyard plugged in 50psi.
    Wot: set with the Begi bleed valve engine running on the water (Full Superman) four turns out from seated.

I also have a .032 #67 orifice installed in the reference line to the Begi to slow down the reaction.

Watch your AFR's and adjust as necessary.
    Idle AFR 13.5
    Mid AFR 5000 rpm 13
    Wot AFR full boost 11.5
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you've been watching the BEGI in the classifieds don't forget to ask about the check valve that goes on the bleed off line. I didn't see it in the picture.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dduck1628 View Post
    If you've been watching the BEGI in the classifieds don't forget to ask about the check valve that goes on the bleed off line. I didn't see it in the picture.
    Yes that is a must have item..(Vacuum sucks) You can use an old fuel tank CV if needed.

Banned User
    +1
    thanks guys i really appreciate it

Banned User
    +1
    so i finally got it all installed and did some minor testing which of course results in more questions.

when i had the engine at idle set at 30 psi my afr was waaaay up near 16 running real rough and stuff. didn't let it stay there for long at all. kept turning up the psi till the afr got into the low 13's. that ended up being almost 53psi (52.8psi exactly) at idle @ full operating temp.

i havent taken it out for a ride yet but i did set the mid to 50psi with the engine off.... so since my base psi is already higher then 50psi i'm a little hesitant to do much more and was looking for some guidance. I've learned the hard way in cars the consequences of a bad tune and am not at all interested in finding out that way with the ski. also didn't put in any type of restrictor in the reference line yet either. figured id wait to see if i need it first

my inital thoughts are i need to turn up the onset to at least 53 so it will start to add fuel 1:1 where ever i get the bleed valve dialed into. i could be way off sooo if you guys out there in green hulk land can give some advice id much appreciate it. if you need a list of my mods or anything leme know

mike

Mike I have my 1.1 set at 58 psi and was running mid 12's on afrs last weekend, Cruise is also mid 12's and WOT 12.2 on temps at 50's.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information