Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Turbo guys.. New Product Unveiled at PRI

For Any of the guys running turbos.. At the PRI (Performance Racing Industry) Show in Orlando Florida this past week, TiAL Sport unveiled 2 new products, or I should say revised products.

Anyone racing a turbo with external wastegate has probably seen accelerated diaphragm deterioration due to lack of air flow over the actuator. Tial Sport has developed the new MVS wastegate in both 38mm (edit 12/15) and 44mm sizes with a water cooled lower actuator housing.

I took some photos which are not great, but you can see it. The ones shown are not yet annodised, but they will be available in all of the normal anno colors as usual.

For more information you can contact me or TiAlsport.com directly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0677.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	926.4 KB 
ID:	163581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0678.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	828.7 KB 
ID:	163582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Louis and Jeremy PRI.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	163583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gregg and Jake PRI.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	163584  
    Last edited by Louis914; 12-15-2009 at 10:48 PM.

+1

tial

Quote Originally Posted by Louis914 View Post
    For Any of the guys running turbos.. At the PRI (Performance Racing Industry) Show in Orlando Florida this past week, TiAL Sport unveiled 2 new products, or I should say revised products.

Anyone racing a turbo with external wastegate has probably seen accelerated diaphragm deterioration due to lack of air flow over the actuator. Tial Sport has developed the new MVS wastegate in both 36mm and 44mm sizes with a water cooled lower actuator housing.

I took some photos which are not great, but you can see it. The ones shown are not yet annodised, but they will be available in all of the normal anno colors as usual.

For more information you can contact me or TiAlsport.com directly
    Can you run salt water thru it?

+1
    Sure you can. The product available for sale will be annodised and will offer the corrosion protection of anno. It will be no different that running slat water through any part of your system, good flushing will still be key to everything lasting a good long time..

I saw your ski in the booth when I stopped by to chat with Sebastian. What size turbo do you have?

+1
    I want one!!

how much?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    I saw your ski in the booth when I stopped by to chat with Sebastian. What size turbo do you have?

It was nice to see a ski in that show. That new wastegate is trick.

+1
    Very nice. Did you ask them about a totally enclosed water cooled turbo housing?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Very nice. Did you ask them about a totally enclosed water cooled turbo housing?
    It is coming. There will be investment cast stainless turbine housings for the gt-28 and gt-30 in the future.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    Turbo sizing is a tough one to discuss. For example saying you have a gt-28 means very little anymore. You need someone to properly engineer it to your needs. I have tested 4 different gt-28 turbo chargers this past season, and a handful of different turbine housings, and they all have different characteristics. I have run the 71 and the 68 compressor, billet and standard Compressor wheels, 3 different AR's on the turbine. You can range a gt-28 from 300 to 450hp in capability. Now we are going to test with the gt-30 CHRA and set it up with the same back pressure and turbine flow as the last generation gt-28, but put the compressor in a more efficient range.

Basically if you just bolt something on, you will be making a compromise somewhere. If you consult with a professional you can have it all, there are so many options.

+1
    It is coming. There will be investment cast stainless turbine housings for the gt-28 and gt-30 in the future.
    Is this going to be a replacement turbine housing or a complete charger?

Turbo sizing is a tough one to discuss. For example saying you have a gt-28 means very little anymore. You need someone to properly engineer it to your needs. I have tested 4 different gt-28 turbo chargers this past season, and a handful of different turbine housings, and they all have different characteristics. I have run the 71 and the 68 compressor, billet and standard Compressor wheels, 3 different AR's on the turbine. You can range a gt-28 from 300 to 450hp in capability. Now we are going to test with the gt-30 CHRA and set it up with the same back pressure and turbine flow as the last generation gt-28, but put the compressor in a more efficient range.

Basically if you just bolt something on, you will be making a compromise somewhere. If you consult with a professional you can have it all, there are so many options.
    when testing gt28s which setup were you happiest with?
    which gave the lowest egts?

I will be looking to upgrade this winter,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information