Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Throttle body lube

Whats the go with spraying lube down that throttle body tube with the yellow cap ?
    For one the red extension tube on the XPS can doesn't fit into the yellow cap tube. Better off taking the black tube off and spraying directly into the t/body defeating the purpose of the tube.

Also the manual says to spray while holding throttle open and crank engine as this will crank without ignition......... so how many people have 3 hands ???

Use a piece of string, zip tie, rubber band, whatever you want to hold the throttle open..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    Whats the go with spraying lube down that throttle body tube with the yellow cap ?

For lubrication of the throttle body..Mainly for salt water riders..

For one the red extension tube on the XPS can doesn't fit into the yellow cap tube. Better off taking the black tube off and spraying directly into the t/body defeating the purpose of the tube.

I took a pair of side cutters and cut the yellow tube down some so the red spray straw could fit in there..

Also the manual says to spray while holding throttle open and crank engine as this will crank without ignition......... so how many people have 3 hands ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster04 View Post
    Use a piece of string, zip tie, rubber band, whatever you want to hold the throttle open..

+1!!!

Who ever designed it wasn't real bright...... i will try the side cutters

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post

That was funny just put a rubber band on the throttle finger to the handle bar grip, on pin down drowned mode so the ski won't fire up. That's your third hand the rest of your 2 hands, you know what to do

Hmmm, I own an 06rxp and I can't seem to find where to lube my throttle body, I don't have an owners manual either. Could somone post a picture of the proper method to lube the throttle body?

Thanks,
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Hmmm, I own an 06rxp and I can't seem to find where to lube my throttle body, I don't have an owners manual either. Could somone post a picture of the proper method to lube the throttle body?

Thanks,
    Scott.
    it's on the top side sorry no pics Bro...coming soon

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    it's on the top side sorry no pics Bro...coming soon
    Jammer,

Some of the early 06 skis and all the older skis did not incorperate the throttle body lube point..they started putting these in mid 06 and newer models..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Jammer,

Some of the early 06 skis and all the older skis did not incorperate the throttle body lube point..they started putting these in mid 06 and newer models..
    Like I said, sorry No pics because of what snobunny just posted Butt you can incorporate that now by buying the kit right?

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post

Thanks,
    Scott.
    Take the intake hose and Lube away it's that simple

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information