Thread: Odyssey Battery

Odyssey Battery

I installed an Odyssey battery model #PC925LMJ (left, Metal Jacket) in the GTX tonight. There is a 9/16 dif in height compared to the stock Yuasa battery, so I used plastic to take up the space. Also the negative cable, you will need to unbolt the 2 ground wires from the fuse/relay box and put them all on the 1 attachment bolt. Remeber to cap off the vent tube!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-11-2008 at 11:16 PM.

+1
    You'll love that battery, I have one without the jacket. Any pics of the metal jacket?

You can see it on top of the battery underneath the decal. It`s orange/red. The battery case is black, and the metal jacket surrounds the whole sides of the battery...
    go to www.batterystore.com and check out the PC925LMJ for the Harley Davidson, thats the one I got!...PR...

Stupid Question #429 for me

I have an 04 RXP, and need to ask a question about the PC925L Oddyssey battery. When you put in spacers to fill the height space do you put them on the bottom of the battery to jack it up, or do you lay it on the top of the battery and tighten it down?

Is there any place that would sell these spacers, or do I visit the Home Depot wood/plastic aisle?.

Thanks so much

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    What's the difference between this one and the factory one? Is it good to upgrade it?

+1
    Geo, if your stocker is ok, you don't need to replace it. The stocker has better cranking amps and reserve than the Odyssey. Its a good replacemnet battery once your stocker fails because its a sealed battery and is possibly more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by seadawg
    Stupid Question #429 for me

I have an 04 RXP, and need to ask a question about the PC925L Oddyssey battery. When you put in spacers to fill the height space do you put them on the bottom of the battery to jack it up, or do you lay it on the top of the battery and tighten it down?

Is there any place that would sell these spacers, or do I visit the Home Depot wood/plastic aisle?.

Thanks so much
    I put the spacer between the hold down and the top of the battery. I found this dimension to be 9/16 and used double sided tape to stick it to the hold down...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash
    Geo, if your stocker is ok, you don't need to replace it. The stocker has better cranking amps and reserve than the Odyssey. Its a good replacemnet battery once your stocker fails because its a sealed battery and is possibly more durable.
    True, the stock Yuasa battery is a 30ah battery and the Odyssey ia a 27ah battery. The benefit is "sealed" and "maintainance free", and has shelf life of 2 years and will last up to 8-10 when put into service and kept charged...

If the plastic case on your stock battery is starting to bulge, or it`s 2 years or older, I would be thinking of getting a replacement for next season...PR...

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Any special maintenance task you reccomend on the stocker?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT
    Any special maintenance task you reccomend on the stocker?
    Make sure the battery level is right and keep it on a maintainer. I've had stock batteries last over 6 years. I replaced my stocker for an Odessey in my XPL after 5 or 6 years.

EDIT: I checked my records and my XPL stocker was replaced last year. A few months shy of 7 years.
    Last edited by Fast-XPL; 08-30-2006 at 10:36 PM.

Thread Information