Thread: People Amaze Me

People Amaze Me

Sometimes people really amaze me - I posted an ad on my local craigslist about the 2 sea doo hulls that I have for sale thinking someone local may be interested.

Here is the ad that I posted:

"I have a 2000 SeaDoo XP Hull for sale. It consists of the hull only with no internals. Make me an offer"

I thought I made it very clear that I was just selling the hull of the jet ski...well...undoubtedly NOT! I have had 3 people call and come by looking at either the XP or the RXDI hull and all of them walked up, asked why the ski didn't have an engine or electrical items and I told them all the same thing - IT IS A HULL! All 3 then said they were not interested.

Now am I an idiot or was my ad on craigslist very clear? Is there a better way to describe a jet ski that is only the external hull?

Here is yet another example of people I don't understand:

I posted another ad on craigslist in another state where our farm is located. Well I posted free firewood, you cut tree down, back your truck up and load it. Some lady decided to email me and let me know that her husband works at a tree trimming service and does work on the side if I was interested. I responded to let her know that if she wanted more information to call the phone number provided, that I was not going to pay anyone to cut down 'free firewood'.

+1
    clear to me.

I had a tree idiot as well. My folks own and apartment building with 3 LARGE dieing tree's on the property. Tree guy was going door to door giving quotes, gave us a qoute of $3000 to cut them down. Well went on vacation came back and the trees were down and all the wood was cut up but 90% of it was still there. We never heard back from the guy and never got a bill I gave all the wood to a good friend so he can heat his house. Were glad they got cut down but who cuts down 3 LARGE trees for free and doesnt take the wood

Banned User
    +1
    Did you post a pic?

I didn't think to post a picture of the hulls - you are probably right that would have cut down on the duhhh responses....but then again maybe not. I just think there are people everywhere that don't quite have all their ducks in a row.

As far as the tree incident at the farm - well I basically got a response from her indicating I was very rude and I did not need to be that way. I responded back and let her know that I was not being rude I was attempting to help out people who needed help. Hell before I paid to have them cut down I would bulldoze them over and bury them.

I don't know how many people on this forum grew up in the country but I will say it was a different mindset, a different set of values and work ethics. We used to get up before dawn work on the farm, go to school, come home, do homework and sometimes it would be work on the farm other times it would be go play with friends. I am not that old (I'm 33) but it seems like the people now are just TOO DAMN LAZY! Well at least the people back home where the farm is located.

My parents and other members of my family still live on or around the farm and my dad cannot seem to get anyone to help him do anything. He tries to give firewood away to people he knows who needs it and they are too lazy to come get it. He had one person go as far as to tell him that the wood did not look good enough to burn because the bark was not on the wood. He tries to pay people who really need money to help him with various things and he can't find anyone.

OK - I think I'm done ranting now. Sorry about that it just really aggravates me when you try to help someone and they are too lazy to be helped.

+1
    I agree I will give someone a hand up but no hand outs from me!

+1
    I am working part time at Autozone to fill in for the bills and such right now. It is unbelievable the number of people who think that we should come out and put the part on for them, for free. We do wiper blades and batteries but they want headlights, tail and park lights, and I have even had them ask if we could install alternators or brake pads for them out in the parking lot.

I can understand if you do not know crap about cars and such. What I can not abide is NOT at least trying to learn. This goes for the women too. My daughter is only 10yo and she can change a head light on all three of our cars and knows how to rebuild a SeaDoo carb.

How can you pay tens of thousands of dollars for a machine that you count on to get you to work and get your family where-ever safely and not know a damned thing about it and how it works?

Krunchov - LOL...you know, that really does not surprise me at all. Some people just have too much money that they don't care, others just have no motivation and really don't care. I don't know if it's people's parents, growing up with money or growing up in the city but there are so many people that just have no motivation. Hell, I've learned a lot of things on my own because I did not have the money to do what I wanted and knew the only way it was going to get done was if I did it. OH and the one I'm sure you hear all the time is "I'd do it but I don't have the tools"! That tells me they really don't do much - anytime I've been working on something and need a particular tool I go buy it (or rent it from Autozone/Pep Boys/Advanced).

Hey I have a taillight on my motorcycle sitting in WV that needs a new bulb - can you go replace that for me? Oh yeah and while you're at it, can you bring a battery to me? It's for my truck - I don't know what model or year it is but it's red, it says Ford and it's definitely a truck...I know because it has a big flat spot behind the front seats!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    I am working part time at Autozone to fill in for the bills and such right now. It is unbelievable the number of people who think that we should come out and put the part on for them, for free. We do wiper blades and batteries but they want headlights, tail and park lights, and I have even had them ask if we could install alternators or brake pads for them out in the parking lot.

I can understand if you do not know crap about cars and such. What I can not abide is NOT at least trying to learn. This goes for the women too. My daughter is only 10yo and she can change a head light on all three of our cars and knows how to rebuild a SeaDoo carb.

How can you pay tens of thousands of dollars for a machine that you count on to get you to work and get your family where-ever safely and not know a damned thing about it and how it works?
    I feel your pain, I've been in the auto parts biz for 10 year now. All I can say is WoW these idiots are working on their own cars. I had one today ask for oil, told them isle 1, they stood there and said," well you best go get it, cuz I dont know what I need". Its like people dont know they have a owners manual, and god forbid they actually know Make, model, year, and engine size.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromaZ View Post
    Hey I have a taillight on my motorcycle sitting in WV that needs a new bulb - can you go replace that for me? Oh yeah and while you're at it, can you bring a battery to me? It's for my truck - I don't know what model or year it is but it's red, it says Ford and it's definitely a truck...I know because it has a big flat spot behind the front seats!

I hear this over 10 times a day

Thread Information