Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

SL Mirror Upgrade - anyone done?

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has done a mirror upgrade to the SL900/1050 models? I'm looking at putting SLT750 mirrors on an SL900. I can't find any threads on the forum where someone has asked this question. The mirror position looks very much the same, hulls are similar at the front so it looks like it should work. If anyone has traveled this road would love to hear from you before I buy them!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Upgrade or do you mean add them?

The SLT mirrors are the same as SL. At least for 92-95.

+1
    I mean add them. The SL900 97 model didn't come with them, I don't think they where an option either.

+1
    I think I used my mirrors once!.. I had a bug in my nose from riding! lol there cool to have. but after really thinking about them.I never use them. things are just going to fast to look and focus in them.easier to turn your head and look. So if your getting them for actual use... ehh.. to add some bling to the ski. yes! IMO.

Unless of course your parked and some BABE :yay2:is behind your ski and your shy and you wanna take a quick look at her .

+1
    That's definitely one use! I would like to see if there are water police behind me in particular, I already had my first warning on the weekend lol! Hey I didn't see that sign that said 8 knots officer

The positioning of the mirrors looks a little useless in that they don't seem to extend very wide and I will probably see more of my fat ass than anything else, still pondering on it though......

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urugol
    The positioning of the mirrors looks a little useless in that they don't seem to extend very wide and I will probably see more of my fat ass than anything else, still pondering on it though......

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Depends on what mirrors you're looking at.

The set I bought, came with 2" spacers. That would move the mirrors out quite a bit more than normal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLAR...item3a53fe6306

The mirrors are just like your car mirrors. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. So they have a wide view.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    I've used the little 2" round blind spot mirrors for cars on some of my snowmobiles before, maybe one of them in the right spot will help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Depends on what mirrors you're looking at.

The set I bought, came with 2" spacers. That would move the mirrors out quite a bit more than normal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLAR...item3a53fe6306

The mirrors are just like your car mirrors. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. So they have a wide view.
    These are the exact same ones I'm looking at. So did you fit them to SL and you can see behind ok but with 2" spacers? Thanks.

+1
    If your gonna spend 129.00 on mirrors, I'll take mine off my slt and sell you them for 100.00 american! lol thats outrageous for mirrors i think , Total rip off!. WOW> I'd NEVER pay that for those. brand new or not.

In the earlier post I wrote. I was just telling you my real life experiences with them. I think they look cool. but,,, like I said pretty useless actually. You would be better off with a motorcyle convex mirror to see a super wide angle so you can see whats next to you like your buddy on his ski, so that you don't turn into him by accident!.

or. just know where the cops hang out and go slow until you know its safe to take off fast. theres not 20 cops out there looking for ya. just 1 or 2 tops.lol Get a faster ski! lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information