Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Garage Lights ?

+1

Garage Lights ?

Ok need some help on lights for the new garage space,

I am building a new house and half of the basement will be for the toys so the celings are 10' high I will probably paint the one wall with the white water proofing paint and the other wall will be just 2 x 4 framing until I finish the other side for living space.

I am thinking about 8' flouresent lights someone said T8 but I am not sure so I am about 3 months from completion but I need to start doing some home work on what will be the best option I will have very little natural light so let me know what you guys think

+1
    T-8's would be perfect! Good luck finding them In 8 foot At least in my area I use one 4 footer with two 75 watt Halogens in my 12x12 garage and its all good. This is the light I get from one! I also have two under my tent for the ski. I think my neighbor is having fun at the moment or I would also include a pic of that! Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01984.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	164074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01985.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	164075  

see if you can go to a commercial electrical supply place and purchase what you need. just watch the voltage rating some are for 277V...

This past summer I had a friend of the family electrician re-wire my detached garage. I wanted the garage to be on its own breaker off the main so I could run lots of stuff without issue and reverse power my house off a generator in case of a power outage . I looked at doing something special for lighting, but after the cost of the fixtures and bulb replacement I ended up doing just regular house bulbs in those little white bases. My garage isn't heated all the time, so that affected some of my options. I installed six for a 2.5 car. I have been more than happy with them. I do quite a bit of work in my garage and haven't had any issues unless I am underneath something. It works for me, but it won't look very "finished" in your house if that is a concern.

+1
    I have a 3 car garage that is double deep, 1000 sq. ft. & it has 6 T-12 (double tube) fluorescent fixtures and my garage is not even sheetrocked. It lights it up plenty. If you garage is going to be sheetocked and painted white, it will reflect even more.

I got them at lowes for 11.99 each + bulbs. you can choose for natural light or indoor light for the color. Bulbs are a pack of two for about 4.00

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    I have a 3 car garage that is double deep, 1000 sq. ft. & it has 6 T-12 (double tube) fluorescent fixtures and my garage is not even sheetrocked. It lights it up plenty. If you garage is going to be sheetocked and painted white, it will reflect even more.

I got them at lowes for 11.99 each + bulbs. you can choose for natural light or indoor light for the color. Bulbs are a pack of two for about 4.00

sweet garage. the space infront of the cars is key.

+1

Re: Garage Lights ?

I'm using 4 4ft t8's with daylight bulbs. I also have a shinny floor and white walls. Very bright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    the 8 foot t8 fixtures are available they are called tandem 4 it is an 8 foot chanel with 4 4foot tubes end to end.by using that setup it makes the tubes easier to change. 8 foot tubes can be a pain.

+1
    I like the idea of the Tandem 4 I will look into those but for cost reasons I may just stick with the T12 8Ft fixtures as the space is in the basement so the temps will stay well above freezing plus I plan on staining the floor with a glossy finish so I should get some reflection

I got a 1200 ft^2 garage and I have 14 sets of lights (4 bulbs in each). I put 6 on each side and 2 in the middle. Each group of six and the group of four are on different switches so I can light up a certain are if needed. I will post some pics if you would like.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information