Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Friends letting friends ride thier skis !?

Any Comments on this touchy subject? No Polaris dealers anwhere to fix it if they break it. We know whose gonna end up fixing it ! (You!) And of course, they will be broke.

The reason I asked is because my neighbor saw the 2 skis I just bought and his TS doesn't plane and he's thinking, cool! I can ride his 1200slx! he he he Ready to go?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Search and yee shall find;

In general, loaning a PWC is a high risk scenario, especially if they are new to PWC.

Avoiding Damage To Your New Sea-Doo...

+1
    I never had INS on my skis. But I'm going to this year with that Pro being soooooooooooooooo $$$$$$ to fix and the SLX is pricey to fix too! Good piece of mind. Heck, its only 4 months in the summer, the rest can be fire, theft and vandalism for the rest of the year. At least I may get a check instead of bouncing my head off a wall mad that I didn't get it!.

And, I'm thinking NO, buy your own ski, or fix yours! Not to be a Dic^& or anything but, hey there mine, not yours to ruin for me. Then I'm out a ski till I pay big bucks to fix it. Because I know he won't fix it, and is clueless how to.

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Any Comments on this touchy subject? No Polaris dealers anwhere to fix it if they break it. We know whose gonna end up fixing it ! (You!) And of course, they will be broke.

The reason I asked is because my neighbor saw the 2 skis I just bought and his TS doesn't plane and he's thinking, cool! I can ride his 1200slx! he he he Ready to go?
    Just ask Al (ph2ocraft) about his plumber friend...nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    I never had INS on my skis. But I'm going to this year with that Pro being soooooooooooooooo $$$$$$ to fix and the SLX is pricey to fix too! Good piece of mind.
    I just got insurance on my MSX-140 and trailer. It was only $100 for a year, and then I got multi-policey discount on my car insurance and saved $42 every six months. So insurance ended up costing $16 a year...A sound investment if you ask me. I know my dad only pays $140 a year for a $40K boat so it can't be that exspensive for any jetski.

I also asked if the policey covered other ridders, and it does as long as they have a boaters license.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSX_140 View Post
    I just got insurance on my MSX-140 and trailer. It was only $100 for a year, and then I got multi-policy discount on my car insurance and saved $42 every six months. So insurance ended up costing $16 a year...A sound investment if you ask me...

I also asked if the policey covered other riders, and it does as long as they have a boaters license.
    The insurance may cover other operators on your machine, but what happens to the insurance rates AFTER you make a claim?

Will a PWC claim affect your auto insurance rates in the future?

There are other threads discussing insurance, no need to re-cover that in this thread.

Appologizes for the last user title katz1002's Avatar
    ehh id make him sign a release form and if he breaks it he buys it from you or he pays for parts and labor cost

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by katz1002 View Post
    ..make him sign a release form and if he breaks it he buys it from you or he pays for parts and labor cost
    Before he rides your machine, draw up a bill of sale, and have him write the check for the full amount.

Then if the machine is damaged, you just deposit the check - since he just bought the machine

If nothing bad happens, you just tear up the check after the PWC is back home without damage.

+1
    Lend someone a pwc=they ride for 1 day

Teach someone to fix THEIR pwc = they ride all season

the very first day I took out my first ski this past summer, I had one friend fly by the DNR (water police) boat at full speed, and got all pissy with me about the $80 ticket (I paid it), even though he was warned to not go fast around other boats.

a friend of mine on HIS first day with his new ski had another guy take it 5 miles down river, roll and hydrolock it, then after I towed it back he made a beeline for the car and took off, and left my friend with the repair bill (ended up being easy to fix though). which was interesting since I had to tow it in front of a barge going downriver while I was only moving about 2 mph. if you have ever thought you were going to get run over by a big ass barge, you will know what I mean there by "interesting".

in other words, get your own ski. at least that's what I am telling people from now on.

though I did think about buying a pair of crap skis and letting people do what they want with them...on the other hand, why should I?

by the way, regarding insurance it is $200 a year for each of my skis, and that's with $300,000 liability and a $250 deductible...if you don't have it, you really should get it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information