+1

Basic video editing help?

I have some video from my daughter's competitive cheer events and I want to email them/upload them to Facebook, etc. Trouble is I know nothing about video editing ... as they are on my video camera card and on my computer, they are BIG ... approximately 100 MB for a 4-5 minute video. Any help on how to re-size the videos so they are much smaller?? I usually just use Windows Media Player to watch videos on my computer ... the video camera does have software that comes with it, but not sure if that is what I need to use, or if there are other basic software/utilities most of you use?

+1
    Where was the competition? I just spent last week down in Orlando for the Pop Warner Nationals.

+1
    Just a local competition in Grand Rapids, MI ... it was a junior high thing, only 10 local schools.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Just a local competition in Grand Rapids, MI ... it was a junior high thing, only 10 local schools.
    Gotcha. FYI... 100MB for a 4-5 min video isn't all that big depending on the quality and format. What format does the camera produce? Mpeg? You can compress it down to a smaller file size... or a different format such as avi or quicktime, by using Quicktime Pro. It'll cost you $30 but it's well worth it. You can convert video files for iPods or convert your audio files to MP3's. However, other than trimming the video clips, you can not edit them with Quicktime Pro. Windows Movie Maker is a very simple editor that will allow you to make transitions between clips, add titles, and add effects. Best of luck.

Thread Information