Thread: Nozzle movement

+1

Nozzle movement

I Have been looking thru my parts examining them close up and have noticed that on the nozzle where the 2 bolts go thru on both sides have more material on it on the outboard side. And,,,, this rounded area i'm talking about hits the sides of the nozzle as if it hindering the amount of movement that COULD be achieved. By grinding that down about 1/8th inch or less and round the edge. It's SMC looks like, its plenty strong enough I think.

This would allow the steering nozzle to turn even more than it already does!. Whatcha think? Can the UMI steering be adjusted for that extra? No. I wouldn't take off too much for structural integrity, just more of a shaving til you get those few degrees on each of them! At speed, A mere few degrees of turning abilty will translate into Super Fast turning ability---at ANY speed for that matter!, So be careful! Get out the velcro wetsuit! lol

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Pics! We need pics! Also bowsniper, what have you decided as far as trim goes? You gonna add a trim motor? (And sell me that drop nozzle setup?)

+1
    I need more time!, I have all sorts of scenarios to go thru..4 inch extentions, before the pump or behind it? or use it all? , drop nozzle or motor trim,what impellor?,bored nozzle or not, shaved or not. YOU"LL Have 1st dibs ok! Basically your gonna get whats left over from making 2 Pros. Anything extra we can talk about. I got enough parts to frickin build another one! Any one got a hull? 97 carbon fiber? Lugs! stand by ! Pro number 2 coming! lol

Man,,, your up there freezing your ass off and all wound up over there.!. Actually your toes are hit already! Chill Brotha! I got what you need! ....

Camera>>>>>TOMMORROW

Find your NUTS yet?

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Man,,, your up there freezing your ass off and all wound up over!. Actually your toes are hit already! Chill Brotha! I got what you need! ...
    I am chilled......actually it's been warmer here the last few days. Snow is melting off and its just a big slushy mess. I dont think we will have a white Christmas here...again. We usually don't see the big freezing snowfalls and deep freeze temps until January or February. After all, its not like I am in Northern Canada or anything. Can't get much further South than I am, at least not in the West. I would prefer a nice warm winter with no snow. Rain is okay, just no snow. Rain doesn't bite my toes!!!

+1
    Has anyone trimmed the smc from the holes i'm talking about? or do I need pics to point the area out?

+1
    Nozzle throw is limited by the steering stem stops.

+1
    Thats true, but.....On mine, the steering nozzle just bangs againt the pump exit like it wants to go further if the shape of the nozzle wasn't in the way. I'm gonna grind some off and see what happens! , I got a few one them. this can be a protoype test. If it breaks, no biggie.

Ok...just got done doing some grinding on the Turning nozzle. that smc is some tough stuff. I used a nice carbide--grind anything bit and worked great. the holes now just fits the washers. After I put it back on, It definetly went further in throw!. Now the steering casting hits the pump exit instead of the exit nozzle hitting it. I bet I gained about 10 degrees of movement total. Now we'll have to hook it up and see what it does with the steering end of it. it nothing changes, oh well.... like Beerdart said, The steering stops are what regulate where it stops, not the nozzle, There may have been some slop in the system down at the nozzle so we'll see! No biggie. you could even grind the edge down a little where the steering casting still hits the exit pump nozzle and get even a little more out of that area without hurting anything. If this works...you'll be able to take super tight turns. Or at least get the max out of the umi steering if there was slop at the nozzle!

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    What the hell you talking about Willis? Pictures

+1
    opps! 1 min please! The tops pics have the shaved turning nozzle where the bolts go in on top of it.

the lower pics are with out grinding. see how the steering nozzle in the bottom pics touch the sides of the exit nozzle of the pump? if you grind that hump off where the bolt is (actually just above it is all ya need),, the steering casting hits instead, because the hump of the exit nozzle would hit first before. now it turns even further because i removed the top of the hump where the bolt holds on to it.

you could even shave the area where the steering casting is too a little for more turning without hurting anything. But I doubt the steering would go that far. The steering stops up top on the handlebars would probably prevent that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0063.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	646.1 KB 
ID:	164524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0064.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	164525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0065.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	393.2 KB 
ID:	164526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0066.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	454.6 KB 
ID:	164527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0067.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	495.1 KB 
ID:	164528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0068.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	385.7 KB 
ID:	164529  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0069.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	164530  

Thread Information