What's the best cooling setup for Riva Plate ?

just got my xs cooler and riva plate for my 07 rxt, was wondering which cooling set up is best in Florida? I would like to wait and see if riva is coming out with open loop with thermostat, or how the heat exchanger set up works.Was wondering about water routing also. current mods : riva air intake, solas 13/17 , riva wedge, rebuilt charger 08 kit, catch can,riva intake grate, riva water box, rear exhaust, opas block off, plate holes filled,(looking for X-Charger)

The new riva catalog advertises their open loop kit with a thermostat. I figured it would be ougt by now, no??

+1
    This topic has been discussed in great detail...seeing you are from Fla. The open loop is a good way to go..You dont have to worry about wide temperature swings..The only draw back to the open loop would be if your not riding in fresh waters you will need to flush the engine after your done riding..This is were the HX is nice...No need to flush..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    This topic has been discussed in great detail...seeing you are from Fla. The open loop is a good way to go..You dont have to worry about wide temperature swings..The only draw back to the open loop would be if your not riding in fresh waters you will need to flush the engine after your done riding..This is were the HX is nice...No need to flush..
    My wife gets mad when I don't flush

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    The new riva catalog advertises their open loop kit with a thermostat. I figured it would be ougt by now, no??
    Yes, they will contain a thermostat and will provide perfect engine temps regardless of the temperatures in your riding environment.

They are finally due to start shipping early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Yes, they will contain a thermostat and will provide perfect engine temps regardless of the temperatures in your riding environment.

Yes sure?? No need waiting more much times same like plate??? But not for all of course....))))))))))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GarageX View Post
    just got my xs cooler and riva plate for my 07 rxt, was wondering which cooling set up is best in Florida? I would like to wait and see if riva is coming out with open loop with thermostat, or how the heat exchanger set up works.Was wondering about water routing also. current mods : riva air intake, solas 13/17 , riva wedge, rebuilt charger 08 kit, catch can,riva intake grate, riva water box, rear exhaust, opas block off, plate holes filled,(looking for X-Charger)
    I see that you are from Jax FL and based on your ZIP code you are in the Julington Creek area. I'm probably around 10-15miles from you. I highly recommend the HX setup. There are 2 of us running this setup in the JAX area and an a third currenty in the procces of converting over from open loop. You are perfectly welcome to check out my setup or "Blue Thunders" setup. It has been working flawlessly for both of us. I would be happy to help if you decide to go this route. The cost will be less that the open loop setup too.
    As for the RIVA open loop. I personally have never run open loop. However since the minimum temp is control by a thermostat in the RIVA, I would imaging that warm up time is quick. Also there will be much less variation in actual engine temperature as compared to convention open loop setups.

Check out this thread on how I and KC installed ours.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105552

Guys, Thanks for all the info. all this 4 stroke and super charging are new to me so this forum has been a great source of info. Back in the day my buds and I use to terrorize the North Jettys and the river on 96 XPs. We use to hit 70 on the stalker. Now my basically stock RXT is doing that with just a few mods!

+1
    Holy cow is this this the REAL garage X?

Thread Information