Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Avalanche

+1

Chevy Avalanche

I wanted to see if there was any Avalanche owners on here. I am picking one up tomorrow. Dealer actually let me take it home tonight. I wanted to see how people like them. This one is Pre-Owned(used) 08 with 12k. I love the look of it, just not sure how the gas mileage is going to be. I am trading in an H3 so gas shouldnt be too much worse I dont think.

So if there is any Avalanche owners post how you like them, or dont like them.

Jim

I like mine very much. It rides and handles very good, nice to have a cover when its raining, and very quite ride. The only thing I don't like about it is when backing my single trailer at the boat ramp I can't see the empty trailer (this is not a big deal to me).

+1
    Yeah I cant see my ski with the Hummer either, but you get used to it. What year do you have?

+1
    My buddy had one with the rear tv. On long road trips we would fold down the rear seat and throw a mattress in the back and took turns sleeping/ watching tv and driving. very reliable & versatile truck i think youll be happy with your buy. Only reason my friends sold his was for more towing power.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor215 View Post
    Yeah I cant see my ski with the Hummer either, but you get used to it. What year do you have?
    2008 - I bought it late in 08 and got one heck of a deal.

Banned User
    I almost bought one, it was nice but I would suggest that ANYONE buying a used vehicle even if its from a dealer, do a carfax on it. I was on my way down to buy it from a shop, my buddy told me to do a carfax on it so I paid the 40 bucks and did, ended up being a theft recovery that had the mileage turned back at least 30,000kms.
    Just to cover your ass Id take a look!
    enjoy the new ride.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by henn View Post
    ...ANYONE buying a used vehicle even if its from a dealer, do a Carfax on it...
    CarFax (and its competitors) reports can indeed show you known trouble, but a 'clean' Carfax report does not prove the opposite.

Often enough, CarFax may not know about problems in the vehicle history.

A clean CarFax tells you only that CarFax doesn't know of any problems. That is not the same thing as there actually being no problems.

Always have a mechanic evaluate the particular vehicle.

If something seems fishy with the vehicle, the history/story, or the seller, just walk away.

+1
    Check out the avatar. I love my Av best truck I have owned. Most versatile the covered bed the extended covered area for long things. The mileage is not bad mine is an 03 an still get 15 or better on the highway pulling a double trailer. The newer ones ride like a car the older ones 02 through I think 04 ride a little stiffer but I like that. On the highway it will cruise quietly and in comfort. My son has one also his is an 07 and gets 19 on the highway with a full load 5 people and luggage in the back. If you have the newer one with the backup camera should not have a problem backing up.
    Check this site out to find out pretty much anything you ever wanted to know.
    http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php
    You can add a backup camera for 90 bucks. Best buy had a wireless one for 89 a couple of week's ago.
    I have wanted one before they ever came out in 02. They had 7 that they toured the country showing off the concept and I drove 300 miles just t see it.
    You can even get a tent for the backend that is pretty cool. You will love it.

+1
    Carfax ect ect it a scam.... I buy writeoff's and 90% of the time they come back clean even though they look like they have been hit by a train. Use your eye(s) and ask to see it on the hoist. Dealers have to disclose everything if not then itll be very easy toget your money back.

+1
    I ended up purchasing the truck and could not be happier. Its a sweet vehicle. The dealer I went to gives the Carfax for each vehicle your interested in. Here are some pic's of the vehicle. Thanks for all the advice, I am happy to hear everyone who owns one likes them. I have talked to a few owners on the road and they say the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3979.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	165457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3978.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	165458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3980.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	165459  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information