+1

i am really need help in this?

today i decided to change my boweye where the jetski hookup on the trailer that is white in my hull and look ugly to a black one that look better on my jetski, cause i paint kandy apple red. But the worst thing happen to me, The two bolt that hold the bow eye broke in half, so i still have the other part of the bolt insided the hull.
    Ok my question is do anybody know how could I change the complete parts without having to drill the hole to get the other part of the bolt out? and the easy way to do this without damage the hull. Please i really need help in this i am little scared drilling and then have water leak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA041127.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	164898  

+1
    The search button is a wonderful tool. I typed in Bow Eye Replacement and came up with this thread. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ye+replacement

+1
    I'm afraid that my method involves drilling as well. It on the other hand involves working on the outside of the boat with no work done on the inside of the hull.

It is a relatively simple thing to do if you have seen it done once before. You would drill a hole through the stainless steel bolt that snapped off with a small drill bit, then use an extractor to remove what is left of the snapped bolt. Some times you can mess up the threads while doing this. It is OK because the material the bolt is screwed into is of brass. It is very easy to tap new threads 1 size larger.

If you are not comfortable with this, or if you do not have the tools to get it done, then get a competent mechanic to extract the bolt. A snapped bolt is a very common problem, so you should not have any trouble finding some one to help you.

Hope this puts you in the right direction.

+1
    yeah i think i going to stick with your plan Salty. Is look more simple to do and to take it out. But my only worried is to drill a little more that i dont suppost to do and then have water leak. Does any body have done this by the outside, I want to know is the bolt had a end or it just screw normal without having like a wall in the end.

+1
    If you drill a hull through the hull, just put some of that JB weld and then fiberglass over the top. If you got marinetex you can do that over the hole and it won't leak.
    SHOOTER

+1
    I've done it before. Your hull is double walled and you would have trouble getting through the second hull (inner lining). You can also set your drill bit to go about an inch deep so that you will not punch through.

Thread Information