STX 1100DI issue

Hi guys,

I was out riding with my friend today, he was on his STX1100DI ski and when we left the ramp it would not get up past 20 to 25 and was not reving out and was flashing "Heat" on the dash.
    This ski has been going good last weekend but today it woud not run properly. We put it back on the trailer so we would not over heat it, the side pisser was working so cooling water was flowing.

Any ideawhat it could be?

Because the local mechanic is so busy we can't get it looked at for a bit.
    I am thinking a sensor or something.

Regards Matt.

+1
    The EMM goes into SLOW (limp) mode when a overheating condition exists. Even though you have water flow out of the pisser, doesn't mean there isn't a problem. The EMM is water cooled and the routing to cool it differs from the water jacket in the pipe, which outputs to the pisser. The most common area for blockage is the brass tee fitting under the exhaust manifold. The input side is 1/2" from the pump and 3/8" on the other side. You'll need to remove the hoses to inspect. You may need to work your way down the cooling lines inspecting each of the fittings and using compressed air to blow out the hoses. There are (2) 90 degrees at the stator cover and another 90 at the pipe, after the EMM. It may take awhile to do this, so be prepared and expect some bloody knuckles. I would start at the tee under the exhaust manifold and the 90 degree fitting on the pipe. Also, inspect the pump inlet for debris. The 2003 has a filter block on top of the pump. If you have that, you may want to remove it and check it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
    Hi guys,

I was out riding with my friend today, he was on his STX1100DI ski and when we left the ramp it would not get up past 20 to 25 and was not reving out and was flashing "Heat" on the dash.
    This ski has been going good last weekend but today it woud not run properly. We put it back on the trailer so we would not over heat it, the side pisser was working so cooling water was flowing.

Any ideawhat it could be?

Because the local mechanic is so busy we can't get it looked at for a bit.
    I am thinking a sensor or something.

Regards Matt.

Thanks for the reply, I will start checking the cooling lines for blockages.

Matt.

Thread Information