Thread: Best GPR?

+1

Best GPR?

i was thinking about trading or selling my stx15f for a new ultra 260 or a fzr. i think i would rather just keep it and get another gpr. i had a 2000 gpr with a ton of stuff done to it but could never get it to run what i thought it should and eventually sold it. guys, which years are the best in your opinion? 2000-02 carb models, 03-04 powervalve FI, or 05-08 no powervalve. want a reliable ski that runs 70 or so.

African-American
    +1
    05 upwards: HO pump, no powervalves to worry about, single peice trim tab and rideplate brackets, better cooling on the 3rd cylinder, 10extra hp.

definitely 05 and up, but Ive also seen some absolutely killer deals on 00-02 GPR's lately. Hard not to take advantage of them.

+1
    The best gpr I think would be to do a gpr/sho conversion 80+mph bone stock.

+1
    think i would need to win the lottery for that to happen! i aint got the funds for that.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    The best gpr I think would be to do a gpr/sho conversion 80+mph bone stock.
    I agree! that's what I did!

Quote Originally Posted by 03stx12f View Post
    think i would need to win the lottery for that to happen! i aint got the funds for that.
    you'd be very suprised what you may find in this economy... I got GPR-SHO conversion already built for the price that some stock 05 and up GPRs have been going on here for...

+1
    you had a chance to race any gpr rxp conversions with it? i wish i could find a deal like you did! people arent as crazy bout there ski's here in georgia. you dont find many modded ski's. when i had my gpr a buddy of mine who had way more money than me had one with tripples and nobody could come close to beating him. he cracked the tunnel not long after the pipes and took it to riva for repairs. not enough water here i guess.

you had a chance to race any gpr rxp conversions with it? i wish i could find a deal like you did! people arent as crazy bout there ski's here in georgia. you dont find many modded ski's. when i had my gpr a buddy of mine who had way more money than me had one with tripples and nobody could come close to beating him. he cracked the tunnel not long after the pipes and took it to riva for repairs. not enough water here i guess.
    havent had a chance, but the SHO conversion has it's advantage... 1800cc versus the RXP's 1500cc. No replacement for displacement!!

The RXP motors can be had for a lot cheaper than the SHO motors, and they are harder to find too. Plus, the RXPs have an advantage, more go-fast parts on the market, and cheaper too!

+1
    i was thinking about trading or selling my stx15f for a new ultra 260 or a fzr. i think i would rather just keep it and get another gpr. i had a 2000 gpr with a ton of stuff done to it but could never get it to run what i thought it should and eventually sold it. guys, which years are the best in your opinion? 2000-02 carb models, 03-04 powervalve FI, or 05-08 no powervalve. want a reliable ski that runs 70 or so.
    05 and up GPR is the best and less maint. IMO. )* is so frikken pretty and can be found pretty cheap in dealers still in crate.

+1
    i would love to find one in a crate for a good deal. might have to call some dealers closer to spring. Duke, titusville is beautiful. i remember going through there when i went on a cruise a couple years back. before i got on the ship at canaveral i was able to catch the spaceship taking off.

Thread Information