Thread: Dealer Services

+1

Dealer Services

Are there basic costs for the repairs done at dealers?
    I was wondering about changing the pump impeller and swapping the ceramic washers for metal ones in the supercharger.
    Would the dealer leave the nose cone off the impeller if requested or just think i was crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR
    Are there basic costs for the repairs done at dealers?
    I was wondering about changing the pump impeller and swapping the ceramic washers for metal ones in the supercharger.
    Would the dealer leave the nose cone off the impeller if requested or just think i was crazy?
    I had trouble removing the sc on my GTX and took it to my dealer. $165.00 to replace the ceramics with metal. ($90 per hour labor). They replaced the star bolts with hex bolts I supplied.

I would think a good dealer would leave the nose cone off if asked. My dealer also sells Riva products so they have no problem with aftermarket accomodations.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax
    I had trouble removing the sc on my GTX and took it to my dealer. $165.00 to replace the ceramics with metal. ($90 per hour labor).
    called the local dealer today they said $45 per hour of labor which isnt bad IMO but then they told me 2 hours to change impellers??????? and 1 hour to change the sc washers. i believe the sc washers taking 1 hour i think thats pretty fast but an impeller taking 2 hours, is that accurate?? do i need more than basic toolbox tools and the special $20 prop tool to do the job myself?

You will need a 10 MM wrench and backup.I use the ratcheting type,13 MM socket and extension,the impeller holding tool and a 12 MM allen wrench the type on a 1/2 drive or 3/8 drive works best,a good vice and a torque wrench.
    You can do all this yourself pretty self explanatory but go to the how to section and I'm sure you will be able to do this. Will save you in the long run to get tools I couldn't tell you how many times I take my pump off every year.We only have two skis now at one time had six and I did all my work because I had to. Still a lot to learn but most of the work you can do.
    Almost forgot,you will need 8 MM allen wrench to remove the pump cone.

I have 2 dealers in my area. One charges $85 ph & the other $80 ph but I also think they are ridiculous at times . I'm new to the sport so I tend to rely on the dealer but I'm going to start doing my own maint/repairs.

dealers suck

my local dealer would not even give me a price to do any kind of performance mods--must go south 3hrs to perry performance group-excellent service.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by apactorpedo
    my local dealer would not even give me a price to do any kind of performance mods--must go south 3hrs to perry performance group-excellent service.
    There are those on this forum who would disagree with your choice of dealer.

Richard

...PR...

Thread Information