Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

coming down to fl!

hey guys im drivng to fl on saturday, going to be staying in del ray. i was wondering if anyone will be riding? maybe have an extra ski? what are the laws in fl? and how hard is it to drive a ski from boca raton to miami?

thanks
    justin

+1
    too long . . too far . . .trailer it !!!

haha i want to have a fun experience and the skis are my friends. he said hes done it before but i want to be prepared! hahah will anyone be riding?

+1
    If you're putting in at Boca, it's a much better ride going north to West Palm Beach unless it's calm enough to do the whole ride in the ocean. There's some long shitty no wake zones through delray though...better to put in at Boynton. Watch for speed restricted zones...manatee zone tickets are $50-$100 & they love handing them out this time of year

uhhmmmmmm my friend said it is to bad do you need a license fl? whats the restiction with that?

+1
    i don't know/ remember what restrictions are . . i think it's under 16 u need a license . . but don't hold me to it

im 18 and bringing m nys license. on the license for fl is there like a sail boat steering wheel like it looks old school its lil picture on the license if it has it.

No boaters license need in Florida over 21. Under 21 you need to complete a boaters safety course and have the card on your person. You can take the test online on the link here. You can then print out the certificate and I believe this is the FWC safety course card they mention. Maybe your NY license is good enough though, not sure.

http://www.boat-ed.com/fl/course/p4-3_whomayoperate.htm

i hope the NYS Boater license will work i rarely go to fl and jet ski so hopefully i don't need one

Quote Originally Posted by inothome View Post
    No boaters license need in Florida over 21. Under 21 you need to complete a boaters safety course and have the card on your person. You can take the test online on the link here. You can then print out the certificate and I believe this is the FWC safety course card they mention. Maybe your NY license is good enough though, not sure.

http://www.boat-ed.com/fl/course/p4-3_whomayoperate.htm

I would 'think' an out of state boaters license would work. You had to take a class or some sort of test to get it, right? You can always play dumb if you get stopped. As long as you weren't doing anything stupid to cause you to get stopped.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information