+1

GP1200R Fuel Selector

Cant find the answer to this one in the search menu. Got a 2000 GP1200R that I just purchased and have been using, ski runs great but only on RES, gets no fuel at ON position.

My buddy turned the fuel ON from RES and I noticed that it can turn in 360 degrees both directions, he went the southern route from RES to ON? I am assuming that these valves should only turn thru 180 degrees from RES->OFF->ON->OFF->RES. Is that a correct assumption? Is the petcock faulty as I suspect? Been busy at work so I couldnt dive into it fully, just wanted some thoughts on it before I tackle it tomorrow and see whats up.

+1
    I'd either just leave it on reserve

or on my skis I remove the selector altogether and always feed the carbs directly using just the reserve line

if it it is a BB or triple pipe ski, I remove the selector, extend the regular feed line inside the fuel sender, add a 2nd fuel filter and then feed the carbs directly with both the regular and reserve lines

+1
    Hey Phillip,

I would love to remove the selector and just feed the carbs directly from the reserve supply, but where is the schematic to reroute this? Would I need to purchase more line? I only found the flapper valve removal post to add clunks.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bex View Post
    Hey Phillip,

I would love to remove the selector and just feed the carbs directly from the reserve supply, but where is the schematic to reroute this? Would I need to purchase more line? I only found the flapper valve removal post to add clunks.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Many threads on this if you search, I'm to tired tonight. Lose the selector and save your motor.

+1
    Thanks Duke....i'm going to take another stab at searching for the solution!

+1
    If you still have the stock fuel lines there's a good possibility that they are labeled right on the line. If not the lines are labeled on the fuel tank pickup assembly. Basically, you want to use the reserve line from the tank to feed the carbs. The carb feed line is the one on the BACK of the carb rack. The return line from the carbs to the tank is on the FRONT of the carb rack.

+1
    I replaced the fuel selector, as it was more expeditious. I think as a project in the new year, I will convert to the dual line fuel feed.

My assumption with the duel line feed is that it avoids any restrictions that may be caused by a faulty valve in the selector. Causing a lean running condition. ?

Merry Christmas guys.

Thread Information