Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

any one had experience With GTI SC

Hi Folks

I Star to collect the part for a NEW Project ( modification GTi )

I have a USED GTI 2008

and i have rotax engine ( take it from RXP )
    2 Rude SC
    Fule Regulator
    50 lb FULE injector
    X model Inter cooler with Riva upgrade kit
    Riva Thermostat
    4" Air Intake
    Riva ECU ( 08 )
    Catch Can
    Riva Pro-Series OPAS block off ( RXT ) can i use this ?

So The Question is .... Which pump i have to use and what about the drive shaft , Do i need any thing els to complete The project
    Wich Harnes i have to use to fit the Riva 08 ECU

Thanks in Advance

I think the block off,'s will not fit the hull is different in that area.You should be able to use the 08 GTI harness.I think the easy why is to put in the RXTX pump shoe and I think a RXTX drive shaft.You can then use a 215 pump or aftermarket pump.
    Last edited by mitch411RXP; 12-30-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Duppy no who fi frighten, Make Dem Try Good2Go16's Avatar
    I am also interested in this as I am doing the same project, but my question is Can the RXTX pump bolt or do I have to use the X pump shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Good2Go16 View Post
    I am also interested in this as I am doing the same project, but my question is Can the RXTX pump bolt or do I have to use the X pump shoe?
    The best why to go is RXPX,RXTX pump shoe with RXTX drive shaft then the pump will bolt right up.You would also need a X ride plate.When I did mine I used a RXP pump shoe and custom drive shaft the RXTX was not out yet.The RXPX,RXTX has the better set up for the intake grate to bolt to ride plate.

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    If you are using an "X" intake grate you will need to run an RXP-X/RXT-X pump support (271001579), you could use the RXT-X drive shaft but it does not have an area suitable for an aftermarket drive line seal (IMHO), so you would be stuck with a carbon ring seal.

I would use a normal RXP/-X drive shaft (271001601) and move the motor rearward 22mm by putting slots in the motor mount bases and the mounting brackets on the motor itself (where they bolt to the mounts), if you slot all the holes you can get the motor back far enough for correct alignment.

The wiring is the same (except for VTS) so the ECU should go straight in, you can't run the GTI fuel pump (40psi) or injectors but I think you are past that anyway.

You can use any 4-TEC pump, a stock 159mm RXP type jet unit will be perfect (a S/C motor wont pull a big Skatty) you will end up with a small pitch impeller than in an RXP due to the hull loads. I had a 77mph closed course GTI with a stock hull that ran a slightly tweeked Skat 13/18 @ 8800rpm.

If you are using the stock GTI reduction nozzle you will need to re-drill the bottom streering nozzle pivot bolt as they run WAY TOO much up trim for CC use.

Back again :

i get the GTi Body
    i install the engine and a lot of part & UMi Steering
    RXT fuel Tank with OEM fuel pump & rude regulator

and i use a RXT rider plate with RXT pump sho ( support )

Now ,,,which Intake Grate i have to use the RXT intake did not fit ??!

Regards

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Why did you use an RXT pump support? It is the same as the GTI one?

You need to use an RXP or RXP-X pump support & applicable intake grate.

If the engine is making any real HP it will spin the prop with the short pump support.

Please re-read the post above, it explained what you need to do.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by one1one View Post
    If you are using an "X" intake grate you will need to run an RXP-X/RXT-X pump support (271001579), you could use the RXT-X drive shaft but it does not have an area suitable for an aftermarket drive line seal (IMHO), so you would be stuck with a carbon ring seal.

I would use a normal RXP/-X drive shaft (271001601) and move the motor rearward 22mm by putting slots in the motor mount bases and the mounting brackets on the motor itself (where they bolt to the mounts), if you slot all the holes you can get the motor back far enough for correct alignment.

The wiring is the same (except for VTS) so the ECU should go straight in, you can't run the GTI fuel pump (40psi) or injectors but I think you are past that anyway.

You can use any 4-TEC pump, a stock 159mm RXP type jet unit will be perfect (a S/C motor wont pull a big Skatty) you will end up with a small pitch impeller than in an RXP due to the hull loads. I had a 77mph closed course GTI with a stock hull that ran a slightly tweeked Skat 13/18 @ 8800rpm.

If you are using the stock GTI reduction nozzle you will need to re-drill the bottom streering nozzle pivot bolt as they run WAY TOO much up trim for CC use.

listen to this guy, this is how I have set one up and slotting the mounts and using p/px driveshaft is an easy reliable way to go.
    stock pump, px pump shoe

Quote Originally Posted by one1one View Post
    Why did you use an RXT pump support? It is the same as the GTI one?

You need to use an RXP or RXP-X pump support & applicable intake grate.

If the engine is making any real HP it will spin the prop with the short pump support.

Please re-read the post above, it explained what you need to do.
    Oops

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    what driveshaft do you have if you only have a p shaft it will be cheaper to change the shoe than buy a t shaft.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information