Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation sho idle adjustment?

Sho idle adjustment is there an easy way?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren1800 View Post
    The sho motor does not use a air idle control device like most fuel injection engines do. The idle is controled by the ecm and its positioning of the throttle blade at idle. If you have a higher than normal idle (1200-1300) rpm's you could possibly have a air leak some where.

+1
    As Tommy said, it's controlled by the ECU. Why would you want to change the idle?

its running low 700-900 staling sometimes

+1
    Then there is definitely something else going on. Idle should never need to be adjusted on these skis.

If not a vacuum leak or other similar check the service manual around 7-29 for troubleshooting the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

I think I have heard of at least one other case of this being defective.

Oh, also check in the intake grate to see if you have something wound up on the shaft!

just ckecked the intake nothing there it may be the sensor? which would mean a replacement sensor at the dealer as they are not adjustable? the ski has done almost 85 hours in 12 months and is not standard it now does 73mph gpsed not that it should make any differance?

just ckecked the intake nothing there it may be the sensor? which would mean a replacement sensor at the dealer as they are not adjustable? the ski has done almost 85 hours in 12 months and is not standard it now does 73mph gpsed not that it should make any differance?

Others may reply, but I would personally find it hard to see that an aftermarket part would cause the TPS to fail. So, it should still be under warranty as long as the ski is. DIY is probably around $800 unless it is available seperate from the throttle body itself. I don't think it is though.

+1
    You say the ski isn't STANDARD. Which at 73 GPS, it certainly isn't. Are you using a powershot controller?

The reason i ask is i had a similar problem with my ski back in october. When i installed my powershot. I wire tied the powershot wires neatly to the fuel rail. The ski ran fine.

The day before a forum group ride i changed my oil and spark plugs. The ski ran fine on hose afterwards. The next day we loaded in and the ski ran fine for hour and half although the top speed was down 3mph.

After a break, we went back out and the ski suddenly started to cut out and lose power. Then it would come back. It got worse to the point that it ran like crap constantly.

Was idling at (700-900) rpm on pet tach. Down from the usual 1260. It started to stall. So, i got towed in for miles.

Back on land, I changed the plugs back to the old set. Same problem. That's when we noticed the RED & GREEN lights were flashing on the controller.

According to R&D's instructions, The red & green lights mean the controller has either:
    Ground wire not making contact.
    A loose connection with one of the wires.
    Defective powershot controller.

The ground wire was tight and fine. I started checking both the powershot connectors for each cylinder. When i got to 1st cylinder. I pushed on the connector and it made a "click" sound.

As soon as i heard the click, i just knew. I started the ski and it ran great. The connector to the eye appeared together, but, it wasn't fully locked in and the powershot was losing signal.

The problem was caused by me the day before when i changed the plugs. Since the wires were tied to the rail. When i lifted the plug boots out of head. It put to much tension on the connectors, causing one to pull loose. I no longer have the wires tied to fuel rail.

I have 12 hours on ski since this happened and the ski run's fine.

If you're using a powershot. After starting ski. There should be a green light, either flashing or solid green after a few seconds. If you have GREEN & RED flashing lights. You have one of the above problems.

Woow Kami, that's good info, thanks. Just in case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information