Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Thumbs up Tuning my air fuel ratio on my ultra 250

I've just purchased a rogue medium pulley and was wondering what is the best setup for tuning my afr. I haven't upgraded my fuel system yet. The ski is limited class as the internals haven't been touched. I know RnD sells a kit but I could probably call Summit Racing and save some money. If I don't reply soon it's because I don't have daily access to a computer. thanks

According to my experience....first you need to buy also some other stuff for rougue pulley as....alignement tool and more important R&D Ultra 250X Supercharger Wheel Hub Kit.

Firstly you need to change fuel pump with a bigger one.... and then put a fuel regulator pressure......

Than try to check afr and maybe than buy bigger injector if needed....

What kind of afr have you bought?

For better info you can check here links or ask skip......

Go step by step.

Have you bought idler and blower? Could you send feedback about impressions?

Thanks

AFR
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=218
    FUELING
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34

+1

Talking

I've used the alignment tool and also have the tensioner pulley. Hopefully I won't need bigger injectors. As far as impressions go,your gonna have to wait till May as it's 40 degrees here now. I've done other mods just not the actual fuel system, now it's time.

+1
    dont want to sound like a smart arse but why dont you ask these questions from rogue who sell the product surely they have done all the homework and can tell you all you need to know for correct setup

+1

Smile

Well ya kinda do. I've talked to Ron, he seems cool but In case you haven't realized, the fuel system components in these kits are generally high performance car stuff that they have picked out (and marked up in price). they do this to make it easier for the masses and because most ski guys don't totally know what they are doing. I'm a true gearhead and work on all my goodies not just skis. Also I figure Mr. Skip has already traveled this road well and I value HIS opinion. Oh yeah and if it's true what ron did to Skip at Havasu and his house who do you trust.

+1
    sounds like you know your stuff then and i'm sure you will be able to work it out i'm sure since you have already purchased your pulleys you would have done the research as to what you would be needing. daniele has pointed you in the right direction but guess you would already have read this info.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eazygoin View Post
    Also I figure Mr. Skip has already traveled this road well and I value HIS opinion. Oh yeah and if it's true what ron did to Skip at Havasu and his house who do you trust.
    Did you try sending Skip and email or PM if that is who your looking for advice from?
    I've never had an issue with any of the guys when going right to them for a specific question.

+1
    No doubt. That's why I'm here. Plus the discount(haha). I do appreciate the help. I will contact Skip directly, I know he is a busy guy and I want to do a little more research before I do. thanks for the help fellas and check out my picture in my profile. I did the scallop paint job on my ultra myself with no tape measure just my eyes and the body lines. Oh yeah with a spray can too! Getting a real paint setup next year, realistically.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    sounds like you know your stuff then and i'm sure you will be able to work it out i'm sure since you have already purchased your pulleys you would have done the research as to what you would be needing. daniele has pointed you in the right direction but guess you would already have read this info.
    Can a moderator please change nicjak's screename to "nicjakoff"?

im travling at the moment.

The information should be open source. Im not selling a product and my income is not based on watercraft parts at all.

please drop the Ron and Skip issue, Im above that. Ill gladly write it out in this thread if the die hard soldiers promise to keep it open source free mod and not a attak thread.

Il also provide the links to cheaper parts that Scott long ago gave out if he,s cool with it.

PS horrible spelling on my part. mini comps suck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information