Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PPG Level 1 Air Intake vs. Riva Power Filter

I currently have PPG's Level One Kit on my RXP. I also have NOPAS and the 2 degree wedge. I have not seen the gains I had hoped for and I am thinking about changing to the Riva Power Filter. I would appreciate any opinions on whether this would be worth the effort and cost. Also, any feedback on PPG's Resonated Power Pipe for my setup (even though I would like to keep it as quiet as possible). Thanks.

You may need something as simple as a slight tweek to your impeller for better results....just a thought.
    If you want quiet, I don't think the power pipe is for you, even the resonated one.
    I'm sure someone else will chime in.

I have had the solas tweaked twice already. I am mainly questioning whether the fan pushing through the restictive stock (almost) air intake is doing anything for me, compared to the Riva Power Filter. There is virtually no difference in RPM or speed with the fan turned on or off.

OK, sounds like your on top of things. I have the Riva intake on my ski. I didn't notice a huge jump in RPM's but I have noticed much less heat fade (I also have a fan in the main intake duct to help push some cooler air into the hull).
    What were your RPM's stock and what are they now?

+1
    Take a hour and change it up a little first.

Take the fan out of there and install it in the actual under seat vent.
    I can tell you that the fan is in the way when the SC over comes it at about 3500 rpm's. But when installed in the actual vent it will be able to pull around the fan as the is about 2 inches extra all the way around it.
    I would bet you will see a change.

Water4fire

+1
    Here is what mean and please look at all the pictures from the start to finish and read them. This helped me 100+ rpm's with no heat fade at all.
    70MPH and that is stock prop no repitch in the 100% texas heat.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/austin...ba.jpg&.src=ph

I converted mine to 4" from the SC to the front intake in front of the seat. Then I put an outerwear water filter on it.

I also cut a 4" hole on the opposite side of the gas fill in. Then put a 4" pipe down into the hull. It has a outerwear pre-filter as well.

I have my repitched solas coming in next week but with stock impeller I noticed a huge difference in acceleration and I can really hear the SC whine now

I was planning on relocating the fan as you guys have done (especially since I already have the wiring and switch in place). Still thinking about going to the Riva Power Filter because the stock intake is still so restrictive. The best peak GPS speed I have ever seen is 69.0 MPH at 8100 RPM but that was on a 65 degree day and water temp about the same. On 80 degree day about 7950 RPM and worse yet when hotter.

Watermedic - When you are talking about less heat fade, do you mean between a 80 degree day and a 100 degree day, or between your first run of the day vs. after two hours of riding?

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I have an 03 GTX SC so i'm sure my intakes are different . Anyone ever try useing a fan to draw OUT the hot air? I think since i have two intakes i'm going to use the rear one under the seat to suck air from the back of the hull thus drawing in cooler fresh air in the front intake. I'm also thinking about making an insualted wall between the engine and where the battery etc. sits. Just an idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information