+1

Question for those of you folk who have "multiple toys" ever try this turnover ball?

Hey!
    has any tried the "turnover ball" I thought this might be a good idea, but was wondering if any one used it. I have my ski, small bass boat and a popup trailer thought that this might be a good idea
    www.turnoverball.com
    when i received my "trailer boat mag i saw this.. looks pretty sturdy but once again i was just curious.
    Gig

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Are you asking about the Tow & Stow drawbar/ball mount?

+1

Question

yes that be the item... it looks like it might be just the ticket I wonder what that thing actually weighs any how.. my company gave us tow hitches for our company Chevy frailblazers, it's gotta weigh30+lbs. the turnover ball can be far behind. i think i will look into this thing.. sure beats playing "which hitch am i going to use today or walk into"
    you have any input on this contraption?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    ...I wonder what that thing actually weighs any how.. my company gave us tow hitches ...it's gotta weigh 30+lbs..
    There is an aluminum version called the Rapid Hitch, made by Andersen Manufacturing.
    PDF Installation Instructions

All three drops have a 10,000 lb. GTWR and 1,500 lb. tongue weight
    All three drops are fully tested and verified by an independent lab for SAE J684 and V-5 certification
    The 5 1/4" drop has a whooping 10 1/2" vertical adjustment.
    Reversible double ball combs that includes either a 2" x 2 5/16" plated steel or Greaseless Alumiball ball combinations (as seen on the order page), or a 1 7/8" x 2" plated steel ball combo. A 1 7/8" Zinc plated single ball system is also available as an add-on item (see below). Stainless steel ball combos are also available in the 2" x 2 5/16" ball combination.
    The 3 1/4" and 5 1/4" drops are extremely light weight; only 14 lbs, and 19 lbs respectfully, and the 10" drop only an incredibly light 21lbs.
    Each drop size fits a standard 2" receiver and can be used in the drop or rise position
    The only hitch a multiple trailer owner will ever need
    Anti-theft keyed locking pins available for both models as add-on items (see below).

They also make aluminum ball mounts;

+1
    Thanks for the Info...
    I contacted a few dealers around here here says the whole rig is about $160 with 2 balls one guy said it weighs about 60lbs and another says about 30lbs.. i'm gonna look into this a bit further..
    Thanks.

+1
    I like the aluminum that the Rapid Hitch is made from. After a few years, just soak her down with some Alumina Brite and all better. I've been trying for about a year to justify the price, though (~$200 to my door on ebay).

I think you are talking about the receiver insert but I have the B & W gooseneck turnover ball hitch in my truck (we have a total of three where I work) and they are well built. Nice to be able to remove the ball for a slick bed too.

They make a very nice fifth-wheel that goes in the same receptacle as my gooseneck ball--one of the guys here has one. Very nice and again, easy to install/remove.

+1
    Thanks for the tip.
    I'm worried about the weight of this thing.. I went to see if the local 4x4 shop had one in stock, but they did not have the exact model i was interested in. I did however get a rough idea on what the weight was.

This is a pretty neat gadget to have i think that when the summer arrives i'll go get me one. The Stow n go is all black (as my truck is) so i think that moght be the ticket.

Thanks for the reply

there is this
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...ial/20/0?N=377 710&Ne=0&Ntt=trailer hitch&Ntk=Primary Search&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Nao=20&Ns=0&keyword=trailer hitch&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=5005&subdeptNum=17&classNum=643

then there is this kind
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...ial/70/0?N=377 710&Ne=0&Ntt=trailer hitch&Ntk=Primary Search&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Nao=70&Ns=0&keyword=trailer hitch&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=5005&subdeptNum=17&classNum=643

+1
    Thanks for the tip!
    I spend a good amout of time in those marine stores! I think i should be getting my discount certificate soon!

+1
    I think i have the reese hitch now, I was getting sick and tired of having to change hitches everytime i went for a new toy.. I think that this might be what i am looking for!
    thanks man..
    Fla eh? nice! I have snow here..

Thread Information