+1

Gridle kit on 2008 rxp

Will the gridle kit work or even be needed on the 08 rxp?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    Will the gridle kit work or even be needed on the 08 rxp?

It will not fit a X but if you have the 215 RXP by the parts list yes it will fit a 08 RXP.

+1
    How fast do you plan to go? If not above 80 I would not worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post

You are right but I'm not sure for what it costs that it's worth the risk of a pump shoe.If you pull out the inserts that is a pain in the a$$.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i like the speed freaks part...not worried about the inserts...pulling out..

but caught the lip...just infront of the center bolt and broke it ...out in the center....about the size of a golf ball ... i had to replace the bolt in the center..and i think it was a little to long an it pushed the plastic up..causing the water to get under it and break it... i was able to trim it out square..full width just to the front of the 2 inserts....they are still there....epoxied the void where the ribbing was..just because...then i welded a piece of 1/4inch aluminum to the intake grate...to replace the missing plastic from the pump shoe...curved it and and shaped it as the plastic was...and let it just barely overlap the left over plastic...beveled the edges so it kind of overlaped the plasticand holds everything down .. packet it full of sylicone. as i rebolted the intake grate....should be way stronger than stock...if you look up in there it looks just as it did just the first 1 3/4 inch that was plastic is now..aluminum welded to the intake grate...not saying it is the best way but it sure beat pulling the shoe ...and not everyone can weld aluminum...but given my resorces..and the problem i think my solution will be fine

but to the point the speed freaks part is cheap and it would have stopped it from happening in the first place

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post

well i was going for an X or bigger charger but been doing some research and im back to the S3 charger set-up with riva plate so i should be right at 80.

+1
    Try this stuff It works great to fix pump shoe it worked for me http://www.plast-aid.com/ This product is crazy strong. mix and pour

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    i like the speed freaks part...not worried about the inserts...pulling out..

but caught the lip...just infront of the center bolt and broke it ...out in the center....about the size of a golf ball ... i had to replace the bolt in the center..and i think it was a little to long an it pushed the plastic up..causing the water to get under it and break it... i was able to trim it out square..full width just to the front of the 2 inserts....they are still there....epoxied the void where the ribbing was..just because...then i welded a piece of 1/4inch aluminum to the intake grate...to replace the missing plastic from the pump shoe...curved it and and shaped it as the plastic was...and let it just barely overlap the left over plastic...beveled the edges so it kind of overlaped the plasticand holds everything down .. packet it full of sylicone. as i rebolted the intake grate....should be way stronger than stock...if you look up in there it looks just as it did just the first 1 3/4 inch that was plastic is now..aluminum welded to the intake grate...not saying it is the best way but it sure beat pulling the shoe ...and not everyone can weld aluminum...but given my resorces..and the problem i think my solution will be fine

but to the point the speed freaks part is cheap and it would have stopped it from happening in the first place
    That is exactly what I did. I did it before it broke, but it is exactly what I did. My intake grate has the ramp of the shoe integral with the grate. Works perfect up and above 80 all day long..

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis914 View Post
    That is exactly what I did. I did it before it broke, but it is exactly what I did. My intake grate has the ramp of the shoe integral with the grate. Works perfect up and above 80 all day long..

that just how you think... when you are in the business we are in i guess,,, problem ,,,,solution

I've had 4 skis come through the shop were the center hole broke on Riva grate and pulled the inserts out.The girdle kit would have stopped that for sure.I have also intalled 4 speedfreeks pump shoe protecters too.All boats were 76+ some 80+.

Thread Information