Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question My ultra 250x 07 wont go after 5600rpms

I have a 2007 250x with 1.05:1 pulley, the intercooler bov valve adjusted, stock fuel system, intercooler modification, and solas impeller. Last week while running it it was running great, all of a sudden it started having a strange vibration little after that the jet pump impeller shaft broke. Day after that i went to a machine shop and had one made, i installed it and started running great again but after a while it started vibrating again and it didn't go pass 5600 rpms i expected the jet pump shaft to break but it didn't i checked it and it was fine but it continues with the same problem. before all this happened the supercharger belt was changed, so was the oil. For the oil i used semi synthetic with lucas oil stabilizer because of the fuel mixing problem and because i had trouble putting the belt i put one slightly larger. If any of you have any ideas i would deeply apreciate it never had such a serious problem. it has new spark plugs and runs with 93+ octane with 6 ounces of methanol and it puts 12 psi if it matters. Thank you

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    You may check the crank for play as it may have done some damage when the shaft broke, if that checks out make sure the belt is tight......

+1

Re: My ultra 250x 07 wont go after 5600rpms

Check the belt for tightness/looseness since you mentioned your only producing 12psi on a 1.05 pulley. Also pull the oil filter and cut
    It open. If there's gold particles in it, try to cash it in!! You'll need it since you gotta pull the motor and inspect the crank/cases for wear. Good luck and keep us posted.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ill be checking that out, not really worried about the belt since it does not have the block of valve kit, it only has the valve adjusted. when installing the shaft does it need any balancing? remember that the shaft that broke was the jet pump shaft. Anyways ill be chaking out your suggestions really apreciate it. thanks

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by salamo View Post
    I have a 2007 250x with 1.05:1 pulley, the intercooler bov valve adjusted, stock fuel system, intercooler modification, and solas impeller. Last week while running it it was running great, all of a sudden it started having a strange vibration little after that the jet pump impeller shaft broke. Day after that i went to a machine shop and had one made, i installed it and started running great again but after a while it started vibrating again and it didn't go pass 5600 rpms i expected the jet pump shaft to break but it didn't i checked it and it was fine but it continues with the same problem. before all this happened the supercharger belt was changed, so was the oil. For the oil i used semi synthetic with lucas oil stabilizer because of the fuel mixing problem and because i had trouble putting the belt i put one slightly larger. If any of you have any ideas i would deeply apreciate it never had such a serious problem. it has new spark plugs and runs with 93+ octane with 6 ounces of methanol and it puts 12 psi if it matters. Thank you
    potentially 2 problems
    1st one is your belt is will be slipping, you would me more likely to need a shorter belt with the smallers SC pullies

2nd as said check for crank end float,
    have u stripped the pump down since problem has returned

what did u find wrong in the pump the first time. ( dont say nothing, as shafts dont just dsescide to break for no reason, there had to be some other damage to housing or prop )

were did the shaft break,

my fingers are crossed for you
    because if your does this its stuffed already

we need more info

Waz

+1
    i didn't think you could run 1.05 pulley on stock fuel system. first i would have said definatly belt slippage but if its noisey and vibrating it has to be bearing damage somewhere wether its motor, supercharger, driveline or pump you will need to check all. good luck

as waz said the shaft dont break for no reason, how good was the one you had made for quality and fit.

This all started when i had to change the propeler because the stock one lost its grip with the shaft drive. The propeller's teeth that grip the engine shaft where gone. when i started changing I accidently twisted too hard since the propeller was stuck to the jet pump shaft, and broke it, that was the first time i had to make a new jet pump shaft. The first shaft i had made was the one that broke under vibration when i was running. the shaft broke all the thread that was inside the propeller, in other words there was two pieces, the thread that was inside the propeller and the rest of the shaft i had in my hand.there were several scatches on the jet pump housing because of the loose propeller. With the jet pump shaft i have now that didn't break i found it had 3 scratches deep enough to be felt with my hand. when i changed the oil i didn't see significant particles but under the sun watching very closely i could see a very thin coat of very small metal particles showing wear on the inside but nothing you could touch or feel. thats why i used the oil i put in.

Banned User
    +1
    This all started when i had to change the propeler because the stock one lost its grip with the shaft drive. The propeller's teeth that grip the engine shaft where gone. when i started changing I accidently twisted too hard since the propeller was stuck to the jet pump shaft, and broke it, that was the first time i had to make a new jet pump shaft. The first shaft i had made was the one that broke under vibration when i was running. the shaft broke all the thread that was inside the propeller, in other words there was two pieces, the thread that was inside the propeller and the rest of the shaft i had in my hand.there were several scatches on the jet pump housing because of the loose propeller. With the jet pump shaft i have now that didn't break i found it had 3 scratches deep enough to be felt with my hand. when i changed the oil i didn't see significant particles but under the sun watching very closely i could see a very thin coat of very small metal particles showing wear on the inside but nothing you could touch or feel. thats why i used the oil i put in.
    why are you haveing shafts made when new oem ones are only 53 dollars? two sounds like motor is going bye bye look for any black gold or metalic flakes if any more the lilkley its motor time. I hope for your sake its not

I seem to have figured out the problem, when starting to pull out the engine i notice that one of the engine support screws was missing i put one in started the engine and at least outside the water is back to normal it seems that when the engine torqued it twisted preventing it from reving up correctly.now i have to check nothing else got messed up because of this apreciate your help thank god it wasn't anything more serious ill be testing it again in the next couple of days thanks again.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I seem to have figured out the problem, when starting to pull out the engine i notice that one of the engine support screws was missing i put one in started the engine and at least outside the water is back to normal it seems that when the engine torqued it twisted preventing it from reving up correctly.now i have to check nothing else got messed up because of this apreciate your help thank god it wasn't anything more serious ill be testing it again in the next couple of days thanks again.
    thats good............But

did u check endfloat

even misaligned drive shaft can damaged thrusts

if there is NO movement you can forget about it for now and move on

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information