Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Newbie with 06 STX-15F

I know my speed is @ 60MPH. ? Has anyone just added a R&D ride plate and have gps results. I am also thinking about a wedge 2.0 or 2.5 degree with plate may give good numbers. Anyone try this combo yet. I have a GP1300R 2003 for sale. There is alot of speed to be found on GPR with plate mods and 5 degree exit nozzle. Will this tranlate to STX-15F.
    Open to tips and comments on ski and if I should be looking out for any problems. Thanks Green Hulk! We guys now have a great place to get ideas and info.

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    Group K has a rideplate mod to the stock plate that adds speed and a wedge is not needed. It also retains the reverse bucket. You will lose that with the R&D plate.

+1
    Welcome Jp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r
    I know my speed is @ 60MPH. ? Has anyone just added a R&D ride plate and have gps results. I am also thinking about a wedge 2.0 or 2.5 degree with plate may give good numbers. Anyone try this combo yet. I have a GP1300R 2003 for sale. There is alot of speed to be found on GPR with plate mods and 5 degree exit nozzle. Will this tranlate to STX-15F.
    Open to tips and comments on ski and if I should be looking out for any problems. Thanks Green Hulk! We guys now have a great place to get ideas and info.
    I just ordered an R&D plate for my ski. I'm going to make sure it sits level and file if necessary, seal the edges and fill the bolt holes like the RXP guys do. The R&D plate needs the bracket to keep the reverse. It's around $65 more. I'm also thinking of a wedge. I saw one for the 15f and thought it might help with some more speed. I'll probably try it myself. It's only $90 so if it doesn't work no big deal.

The GroupK stock plate mod is only like $70. If all you want is a RP change for speed then this is the way to go. If you are building a race boat then the R&D is the way to go with all the other expenses that go along with a race boat?

+1
    What do they do to a "Group K"? From what I've seen the R&D bottom is angled to help get the front out of the water. Look at the center section of a pic. I think there is 3 mph in there with the plate design, leveling it flush with the hull, and sealing everything up. Maybe more with a pump wedge. That's a great bang for buck IMO.
    Last edited by AaronC; 08-31-2006 at 07:46 PM.

That is what they do. They mill an angle in it. They have been doing it since the STX1100 days (same rideplate) and it works well. The plate and wedge would be too much imo and the ride will suffer.

+1

Thumbs up

Thanks, SeaLion, Hydrotoys, and AaronC. I was thinking like Aaron. R & D Plate with wedge. Went to GroupK Site to check out plate info. No new info with 15F ski. It appears Harry has used mod stock plate with and without wedge on STX1100 and STX1200R with good results. Aaron, I will have to go back again to GroupK and check,but it states no top speed increase with R & D plate. I think the basic hull is like a STX1200R with sponsons placement changes. I would like to kept the reverse working, since I to have to dock ski often. I was hoping someone by now has tried some of things. The 12F and 15F have been out for a couple years, right.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i can give you guys a good lead on a used R&D plate... has no bracket to maintain reverse tho with it, ur on ur own for that.

but it's NOT jsut a simple milling and angling of the plate... the entire center section of the 15F plate has two bellows that are concave into the pump area...

nice ski tho.. i like them 15Fs alot. nice and crisp down low out of the hole, just not nearly enough on the top end for me.... but it's handling is enough to enthuse you for quite awhile.. heck, riding a 15F is what is mostly forcing me to sell my RXT

+1
    Hopefully I have my plate within the next week. It'll take some time to look things over thoroughly and install it the way I'm wanting. After testing I will report back. If you go with the GroupK, post up some pics and post some results. This site is kick ass when it comes to tech info!

This weekend I will be testing my impeller and tuning the adjust a thrust.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information