Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

riva free flow exhaust

anybody running this on a P-X? It's only 90 bucks and I wondered how loud it was and if it added any performance. Hard to install?

+1
    You can buy the part from CX Racing for 16 Bucks. I have one already trimmed and fitted if you want it PM me.

I liked the sound alot. There is a annoying resonation around 3-4k but you usually dont stay there long.

The free flow sounds great at speed, but there is the loud drone that resonates in the pump tunnel at low (no-wake) speeds. Some don't like the drone, however, I did when I had it.

I thought long and hard about the going from stock exhaust to either a freeflow (very inexpensive) to the new riva waterbox (most expensive) and ended up going with the waterbox after about 6 months worth of debating.

Although a pain to install, this is one of the best mods I've made besides the 4" air intake, prop and r&d intake grate. All of these mods together really wake the machine up.

If you can stomach the cost of it, go for it...you will not be dissappointed...especially at the dock when you fire it up. Sounds like a blown 350 chevy...I have a couple video's posted here and the sound is simply amazing!!!! videos just don't do it justice.

Also, by going with the riva waterbox, you will remove a ton of stock plastic parts and rubber hoses from the hull and the supercharger can be taken out very easily for future maintenance or upgrades. Overall a win win scenario. Too bad it's freaking cold here in TN and cannot go ride.

Quote Originally Posted by dave911rsr View Post
    anybody running this on a P-X? It's only 90 bucks and I wondered how loud it was and if it added any performance. Hard to install?
    I installed the cx free flow pipe about a month ago and since its cold here in nc i cant hear it on the water yet either. however it sounds bad [email protected]! on the trailer. very inexpensive too 16 bucks compared to rivas 24 karat gold pipe.yet again i had free flow on my old rxp 215 and i did not like the sound at 3k rpms. but maybe this time ill learn to enjoy it lol. in my opinion much better than drilling a hole in hull cause once you do that there is no turning back and hope you like it lol. hope this helps a little

Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post
    I thought long and hard about the going from stock exhaust to either a freeflow (very inexpensive) to the new riva waterbox (most expensive) and ended up going with the waterbox after about 6 months worth of debating.

Although a pain to install, this is one of the best mods I've made besides the 4" air intake, prop and r&d intake grate. All of these mods together really wake the machine up.

If you can stomach the cost of it, go for it...you will not be dissappointed...especially at the dock when you fire it up. Sounds like a blown 350 chevy...I have a couple video's posted here and the sound is simply amazing!!!! videos just don't do it justice.

Also, by going with the riva waterbox, you will remove a ton of stock plastic parts and rubber hoses from the hull and the supercharger can be taken out very easily for future maintenance or upgrades. Overall a win win scenario. Too bad it's freaking cold here in TN and cannot go ride.
    more like a blown, stroked, and cammed 350!

+1
    I have done it and the sound is amazing (if you like to hear the engine). Its true that when you fire it up it sounds like a hemi engine and as you increase the RPM at 2000-3500 its very loud and and sounds more like a cigarette (although i would love to actually had one....). You can actually feel the power of engine. Its great and i love it. My brother in law though who prefers quite engines doesnt like it at all. Its a big turn over as you will be heard from a distance...... I would definetly recomend that....

+1
    I have this on my p-x and it does sound great at idle. I know my neighbors dont appreciate it at 8am and its hard to talk to anyone if your riding with a group so i find myself stopping and starting a bit.

I say do it!

+1
    I love myne. it does resonate a bit but only between 2000 and 4000 rpms..and how often are your riding at that....i love it under a tunnel or low bridge...sounds great...

is the cx racing pipe plug and play like the riva one is, or is there some modding required? are the bends the same angle and length? just curious because $16 bucks sounds a whole lot better then $90 for the Riva one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information