Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SC Wheel Debate

+1

SC Wheel Debate

I've checked the forums but I can't seem to find much data on people running a C1 Wheel. I saw taht wave15stx ran 74 I believe with a C1 but I can't find anyone else.

Right now I'm at 70.6 with the mods in my sig, but I also love the fact that I hammer it like crazy and not run out of fuel. Can anyone that has a C1 tell me if there was any noticable difference in their gas consumption after going from Stock to C1?

Now the debate is between the C1 and B1. If I can get ~75 with the C1 what would my speed be with a B1 (not intending on getting a PowerShot). Most people will say that you can't use a B1 without a PS but we have many guys down here that did just that and didn't run into any issue with the limiter (I'm still not sure how this is possible, but results are better than theory in my eyes.....)

Other than the SC Wheel my other upgrade will be a prop and air filter.

Mid 70s and max MPG ,any input would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Adding a SC wheel will probably increase your fuel mileage. The ski is already pig rich from the factory so adding more boost will lean it out a little which should yeild better efficiency and fuel economy.

That being said, results vary greatly from one person to the next depending on all your mods and your setup. Just pick a path that you want to follow and go for it. Nobody is going to be able to tell you exactly what you'll get with a certain setup.

Also, stop worrying about fuel mileage. People who like speed don't give a crap about mileage. lol

+1
    Thanks Hitman,
    So is it safe to say you can easily get 74-75 with a C1?
    I dont see myself with a Vipec anytime soon and I'm not sure what the most speed with a B1 is but as I said I won't be using a PowerShot so I wouldn't get the most of it anyhow. That being said I am interested to see what Riva brings out with their version of the PowerShot as I believe that will compliment the B1. How much psi does teh C1 produce? The B1 is 11.5 correct?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcapone View Post
    Thanks Hitman,
    I dont see myself with a Vipec anytime soon and I'm not sure what the most speed with a B1 is but as I said I won't be using a PowerShot so I wouldn't get the most of it anyhow. That being said I am interested to see what Riva brings out with their version of the PowerShot as I believe that will compliment the B1. How much psi does teh C1 produce? The B1 is 11.5 correct?
    There really is no point in putting on a C1 without powershot. IMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    There really is no point in putting on a C1 without powershot. IMO.

I ran 74.1 with the C1 with the powershot. I was running the exact same 70.6 before the powershot hitting the boost limiter. You wont go much if any faster without a boost limit overide. Go B1 for sure and fuel/boost management.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I ran 74.1 with the C1 with the powershot. I was running the exact same 70.6 before the powershot hitting the boost limiter. You wont go much if any faster without a boost limit overide. Go B1 for sure and fuel/boost management.
    Yep.

+1
    Ah yes... the pesky boost limiter. You will need a way around it if you don't plan on running a powershot. Also be careful of going too lean without the powershot installed to supply the extra fuel needed for extra boost. Some say you won't go too, lean and others say you will. Only way to know for your specific application is to watch your air fuel ratio closely.

Just wanted to mention if you are on a C1 and boost limiter now you will most likely not be come warmer temps.

Last Summer I was in 100* temps on a C3 and seeing 76mph or so. That was with extra air & water coolling among other things. (Stock ECU at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by rcapone View Post
    Thanks Hitman,
    I just picked up my bike from DP. today with the C1 wheel installed + stage 1 My previous best was 70.0 I should be testing tommorow and i'll let you know how it goes.

+1
    It's hard for me to understand what gains a wheel (any) would be realized without over-riding the stock boost limiter?

And is it just above the Cayman Islands where more fuel is needed with the additional boost?

I just have soooo many questions...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information