Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R&D Power Plenum for 1300 efi ski`s

Just purchased a R&D Power Plenum for 1300 efi ski`s for my 07 gpr. Sounds like I need the dplate now because it will suck in hot air from the cat and causing a lean condition. I really didnt want to do the dplate due to my warranty. But if needed, it will be done. Thanks for any input.

+1
    I have never heard of a lean condition from sucking in warmer air... cooler air is denser. If anything cooler air will cause lean conditions not warmer.
    The D plate is a good idea to do now anyway because you have to pull the stinger out to put the flame arrestor in. They are cheap and it will prevent a headache in the future.

+1
    Please explain your lean condition.

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...ME%20ARRESTORS

See the note at the bottom. That is the reason I called riva and the tech said from the notes it was because of possible lean condition from the hot air being sucked in from the cat con. In stock form the air is pulled more from the front of the ski where the fresh air comes in.

+1
    that's a load of shit

also, Yamaha will not void a warranty because of a D-plate installation

I did an 08 recently all stock motor and opened up the air box and installed a D-plate, tunnel reinf, PPK, ect... He is experiencing a low end bogg intermittently just for a second when he first hits the throttle from idle. I haven't had a chance to follow up yet.

is this what you are experiencing?

I have not installed it yet. My yami guy just let me know that the dplate will not void my warranty as you said WFO.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynch View Post
    Just purchased a R&D Power Plenum for 1300 efi ski`s for my 07 gpr. Sounds like I need the dplate now because it will suck in hot air from the cat and causing a lean condition. I really didnt want to do the dplate due to my warranty. But if needed, it will be done. Thanks for any input.

What symptoms are you experiencing that make you feel your ski is running lean?

Guess i was not very clear in my original post. I just purchased the r&d power plenum. While looking for instructions online, I came across the note on rivas website saying that the dplate is required when you install the plenum. I was not planing on doing the dplate at this time and wanted to make sure all is well with installing it without the dplate. Was looking for anyone that has installed one without the dplate and if all is good. thanks

So I was looking at the dplate on rivas site and it says it requires the fuel controller. Sounds like they just want ya to spend money on unneeded items. I rather spend the money on here on the items I need. thanks for everyones help.

u do not need the fuel controller until compression is raised and or timing is advanced

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information