+1

Thumbs up Fitting Flo-Rites to my T-X

Hey Guys

Iv`e just fitted a couple of Flo-Rites to my ski. Had a bit of a dilemma initially as i didn`t really want to see them, wanted them to be discreet. I think iv`e found the ideal place!
    Iv`e added some step by step pics of the actual fitting, if this helps anybody else, in fitting these onto a T-X.

Pic 1, Shows where i am going to locate the Flo-Rite on either side. It`s in behind the Rear Grab Rail. I turned the Flo-Rite so that it`s outside face was against the hull and then drew around it`s diameter, with a sharp tipped felt pen. I did this on both sides.

Pic 2, I removed the Rear Grab Rail from the ski. Positioned the Flo-Rite again and completed drawing around it with the felt tipped pen. Then centred the circle for drilling.

Pic 3, Masked off the inside and the outside of the hull, to catch any debris, whilst drilling the two holes. Initially drilled a 57mm hole, with a hole saw attached to my drill. I then sanded out the hole diameter to 60mm, using a sanding wheel on my drill. The 60mm hole size, is the required size i needed for fitting the Flo-Rites.

Pic 4, You will notice in this picture, that i have cut off the three fixing legs from the Flo-Rite on the left. I have done this because at the point of fixing, the fibreglass on the ski`s hull, was quite thick (11mm), too thick for the legs to be effective and get through the 60mm hole. I intended fixing these with a silicone sealant anyway, to make this watertight. I trimmed the fixing legs from the other Flo-Rite afterwards.

Pics 5 & 6, Shows the internal diameterof the hole in the ski`s hull and the Flo-Rite, prepped for fixing. I have put approx a 5mm bead of silicone sealant onto both, prior to putting the Flo-Rite into the hull. Sealant used was, (Dow Corning, Marine, Silicone Rubber Sealant, Clear), this sealant is fresh and salt water resistant and has a 10 year Guarantee.

Pic 7, Shows one of the Flo-Rites now fitted into the hole in the hull. I pushed the Flo-Rite in, as far as i could, ensuring that the sealant was squeezed out. I then ran my finger around the Flo-Rite, on both the inside and the outside of the hull, removing any excess sealant and ensuring a good seal.

Pic 8, Now shows both Flo-Rites fitted. This took about 1 hr 30 mins to do, in total, although i did leave the Grab Rail off overnight, to ensure that the sealant had fully cured.

Pics 9 & 10, Shows the Rear Grab Rail re-fitted, with the Flo-Rites in behind it. Wasn`t a bad job to do. Hope this is of help to other forum members, who my be considering fitting these to their ski.

Apologies for some of the picture qualities, one or two turned out an odd colour.

Regards
    Alex..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1295.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	166031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1297.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	166033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1300.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	166037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1301.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	166038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1303.JPG 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	166039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1302.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	166040  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1304.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	166041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1085.JPG 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	166042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1087.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	166043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1088.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	166044  

+1
    Really like the location, this has been moved onto the "TO DOO" list. Thanks for the idea!

Looks stock.. GJ

Banned User
    +1
    Smart place to put them...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Hey Guys

Iv`e just fitted a couple of Flo-Rites to my ski. Had a bit of a dilemma initially as i didn`t really want to see them, wanted them to be discreet. I think iv`e found the ideal place!
    Iv`e added some step by step pics of the actual fitting, if this helps anybody else, in fitting these onto a T-X.

Pic 1, Shows where i am going to locate the Flo-Rite on either side. It`s in behind the Rear Grab Rail. I turned the Flo-Rite so that it`s outside face was against the hull and then drew around it`s diameter, with a sharp tipped felt pen. I did this on both sides.

Pic 2, I removed the Rear Grab Rail from the ski. Positioned the Flo-Rite again and completed drawing around it with the felt tipped pen. Then centred the circle for drilling.

Pic 3, Masked off the inside and the outside of the hull, to catch any debris, whilst drilling the two holes. Initially drilled a 57mm hole, with a hole saw attached to my drill. I then sanded out the hole diameter to 60mm, using a sanding wheel on my drill. The 60mm hole size, is the required size i needed for fitting the Flo-Rites.

Pic 4, You will notice in this picture, that i have cut off the three fixing legs from the Flo-Rite on the left. I have done this because at the point of fixing, the fibreglass on the ski`s hull, was quite thick (11mm), too thick for the legs to be effective and get through the 60mm hole. I intended fixing these with a silicone sealant anyway, to make this watertight. I trimmed the fixing legs from the other Flo-Rite afterwards.

Pics 5 & 6, Shows the internal diameterof the hole in the ski`s hull and the Flo-Rite, prepped for fixing. I have put approx a 5mm bead of silicone sealant onto both, prior to putting the Flo-Rite into the hull. Sealant used was, (Dow Corning, Marine, Silicone Rubber Sealant, Clear), this sealant is fresh and salt water resistant and has a 10 year Guarantee.

Pic 7, Shows one of the Flo-Rites now fitted into the hole in the hull. I pushed the Flo-Rite in, as far as i could, ensuring that the sealant was squeezed out. I then ran my finger around the Flo-Rite, on both the inside and the outside of the hull, removing any excess sealant and ensuring a good seal.

Pic 8, Now shows both Flo-Rites fitted. This took about 1 hr 30 mins to do, in total, although i did leave the Grab Rail off overnight, to ensure that the sealant had fully cured.

Pics 9 & 10, Shows the Rear Grab Rail re-fitted, with the Flo-Rites in behind it. Wasn`t a bad job to do. Hope this is of help to other forum members, who my be considering fitting these to their ski.

Apologies for some of the picture qualities, one or two turned out an odd colour.

Regards
    Alex..
    Looks good, while you at it, take off that white sticker on back.

+1

Smile

I`m going to, Skoepp.

I`ve got a Rexx kit from Peter at jetskidetailing.com to fit to the ski.

Just trying to get a bit warmer weather so i can fit it.

Cheers for the comments guys

Alex.

Have you guys noticed if any water comes in the hull from these ? especiallly when doing tricks or people coming all the time wet on the ski ?

thx

Thread Information