Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oil on spark plugs!

Changed my spark plugs and found my 2 and 3 cylinder plugs were dripping in oil!!! '04 RXP 229 hours. Stock engine with x-charger,#42's,4'' intake,14-19 solas. Last run about 2 months ago. Ran fine(71-72mph). Since then, added Fizzle external inter-cooler,thru hull exhaust,Riva Pro block-offs,15-20 solas. Have not tried it yet, but started it and it had a rough idle,like it was loaded up or rich. Cleaned the oil out and changed plugs and it sounded great. Idle was smooth and it revs clean. Just wondering where the oil came from. Started it 3 times and it sounds ok???? Phil

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxprsn View Post
    Changed my spark plugs and found my 2 and 3 cylinder plugs were dripping in oil!!! '04 RXP 229 hours. Stock engine with x-charger,#42's,4'' intake,14-19 solas. Last run about 2 months ago. Ran fine(71-72mph). Since then, added Fizzle external inter-cooler,thru hull exhaust,Riva Pro block-offs,15-20 solas. Have not tried it yet, but started it and it had a rough idle,like it was loaded up or rich. Cleaned the oil out and changed plugs and it sounded great. Idle was smooth and it revs clean. Just wondering where the oil came from. Started it 3 times and it sounds ok???? Phil

it will only be from the tube seals i just had a quick look at the parts fiche it apears that you have to buy the tubes to get the seals some one correct me if im wrong there number 29 in the picture i have supplyed you will also need a new rocker cover gasket.. all parts can be purchased from jerry through his online oem store...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tube seal.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	166125  
    Last edited by westy; 01-02-2010 at 05:09 AM. Reason: added text

#8 is the seal. If I was going to replace them I might also look at getting new valves. The 04's have been known to drop valves. But if you are careful you can replace just the seals without removing the head..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    #8 is the seal. If I was going to replace them I might also look at getting new valves. The 04's have been known to drop valves. But if you are careful you can replace just the seals without removing the head..

number 8 is the valve stem seals.. im sure he means the spark plug tube is filling with oil... you can do the tubes by only removing the rocker cover

hope your right they are much easer. #27

+1
    I believe he means oil on the plug tips, as in the cyls..

+1
    How many hours do you have on it? Sounds like bad rings. Had the same thing happen to my 250 hour engine yesterday. Was burning oil. Plug 2 and 3 were black and oily. Compression was way down too. Probably time for a psiton or at least a ring job.

Went riding today at Lake Elsinor,Southern Calif. Great day! 75 plus degrees! Anyways the ski ran awesome! I'm 250lbs and I saw 74.5mph!! Jim checked my compression and it was fine. Those mods really woke it up big time!! 231 hours and still kickin'!!!!

And thanks to Jim W. for all your help!! Phil

+1
    Went riding today at Lake Elsinor,Southern Calif. Great day! 75 plus degrees! Anyways the ski ran awesome! I'm 250lbs and I saw 74.5mph!! Jim checked my compression and it was fine. Those mods really woke it up big time!! 231 hours and still kickin'!!!!
    And thanks to Jim W. for all your help!! Phil

what about the reason this thread was open??? what happened where was the oil was it in the combustion chamber or was it in the spark plug tubes???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information