Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1

Riva ride plate with riva pump extension

Great job here Riva... two of your own products won't even work together For some reason, I always feel like a test dummy when installing these products I guess to make this work, I need to grind down a brand new ride plate... along with the bottom of my exit nozzle This crap really pisses me off, especially when I pay top dollar for parts that don't fit up... without modifications
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3192.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	166113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3193.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	166114  

+1
    I have been questioning if these two mods would even fit together and have good gains with no severe side affects.

I have not seen the riva plate in person but if most the tabs are removed on a stock plate the pump will rub with setback mod.

I guess you answered the question.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I have been questioning if these two mods would even fit together
    Riva obviously needs to state in their product description... that they won't... without grinding shit down

+1
    if the ski needs to be tuned, aka
    1)shim the back of the plate down
    2) wedge the pump so the angle is higher
    that would get you more room to install both...
    riva should figure out optimal setup for these 2 parts together
    selling them and leaving it up to consumer to grind and install
    then trial and error best configuration btw angle of pump and angle of rideplate is BS BS BS ...
    i assume the pump is already custom designed/cast with some wedge angle included?? is it equivalent to a 2.5?? 2.0
    RIVA?? HELLO??

Thanks for posting and saving others the trouble
    I m now waiting for the plate, i was very close this week to ordering the pump extension as well
    I postponed it cause i couldnt get any answer when asking a few times if the 2 were compatible
    actually i was more concerned that the 2 combined would give too much lift for my own good
    Hope you can fix it nice n easy

Shitty i have two plates coming with the open loop cooling kits and am running the pump extension on my x-ski.For someone that gets proud when he changes the oil ,filter and spark plugs I think i am in trouble.....Anyone want to buy a pump extension with less than 1 hour on it?????

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i noticed too my stock pump barely cleared the plate...was wondering about it..

i guess this thread explaines why you wont be riding with us today .. ....

unfotunately guys like us are somewhat gunni pigs because we push the window and wont settle for just ok or sota fast ..but that is how things move forward...buy guys like us pushing the window..

yes it sucks to have to grind on a new ride plate..but looks like it can be made to work failrly easily...i am sure you will let everyone know what needs to be done to make it all work ...wondering if the pump extension will help the 80 mph bounce the plate has...buy putting the nozzle farther back and a little lower..

i for see a version 2 on the ride plate ...i am grinding and working on mine as well...to solve..the bounce...i am not pro riva in any way dont care who makes stuff but it has been my experiene that riva stuff in general is usually good stuff...but the ride plate is good but needs a little tweaking..

once i get recovered from that last purchase ..the pump extension was on my list...please let us know how it goes..and if you need anything i can help you with please let me know..i have a full welding and fab shop...

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMONEY View Post
    Shitty i have two plates coming with the open loop cooling kits and am running the pump extension on my x-ski.For someone that gets proud when he changes the oil ,filter and spark plugs I think i am in trouble.....Anyone want to buy a pump extension with less than 1 hour on it?????

hold up it may be a simple fix...and work well ..it looks like a little time witha grinde should let it work...

he is smart and surrounded buy alot of talented guys from this forum ..we will get it sorted...and it may work awsome....

but yes i may be interested..if you arnt up to it..

+1
    I have just ordered my open loop plate and open loop cooling kit as well.

Is there actually any decent feedback on these riva plates?

Are they as good as jims open loop plate?

What gains are we talking here?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Great job here Riva... two of your own products won't even work together For some reason, I always feel like a test dummy when installing these products I guess to make this work, I need to grind down a brand new ride plate... along with the bottom of my exit nozzle This crap really pisses me off, especially when I pay top dollar for parts that don't fit up... without modifications
    Don't forget the wedge if you intend to use one.

Looks like a pocket machined into the plate would fix it but that always makes for a weak spot. Ask almost every GPR owner about that.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information