Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Who won in Dubai??

I know there was a PWC race in Dubai, and I'm pretty sure it was on 12-25-2009. I'm wondering if anyone knows the results of the race, by classes?
    I can't find anything about it, anywhere, and I'm pretty sure Macc and Rius were both there.

Edit; the race isn't until next weekend, I think. Never mind

+1
    Ruis, by alot............

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I know there was a PWC race in Dubai, and I'm pretty sure it was on 12-25-2009. I'm wondering if anyone knows the results of the race, by classes?
    I can't find anything about it, anywhere, and I'm pretty sure Macc and Rius were both there.

Edit; the race isn't until next weekend, I think. Never mind

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    Yea, I kinda think so. Macc isn't going. In fact, nobody is going except the Dubai guys, and Nicholas, from what I hear.
    Apparently it's not as big a race as the King's Cup. I only heard about the race maybe two years ago. Thought it was a huge race. Apparently it's not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    After seeing that clip of him at the kings cup I bet he will.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89 View Post
    After seeing that clip of him at the kings cup I bet he will.
    oh I thought he said Tilandmy bad again

but your probably right Scott!

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    there was a accident from the victory team in Dubai ( powerboat world championchip, both pilots broke the neck ) thats why the race got canceled, the next race will be in Abu Dhabi next weekend.

the race is very big over there , and the pricemoney for 1 race is more then a avrage ski in the US.

the guy to beat is Nadir from the victory team, he has the next best boat to zapata, ( also factory engine 400 HP ROTAX ) zapata carbon hull and is a very strong pilot. he has win the UAE championship the last 3 years.

check out that video,

[/URL]

that was 2 years ago with 330 HP engine, it is very very different now, RIUS has absolutly no chance on the start, but now and last year they make a rolling start with a boat, and then i m sure RIUS will have the midrange and top end.
    I was in Thailand, I know his boat.

on the picture is Cyril Lemoine, he win 1 race last year in Dubai
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dubai.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	166286  

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Yea, I kinda think so. Macc isn't going. In fact, nobody is going except the Dubai guys, and Nicholas, from what I hear.
    Apparently it's not as big a race as the King's Cup. I only heard about the race maybe two years ago. Thought it was a huge race. Apparently it's not.
    there are some pilots from Europe and Japan going to race in Dubai, if you not even seen the race, dont make a statment about what pilot will go or not

but the the KingsCup is a bigger event thats true, but the race in Dubai is part of the U.A.E championchip and thats 6 races in 1 year

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post
    there are some pilots from Europe and Japan going to race in Dubai, if you not even seen the race, dont make a statment about what pilot will go or not

but the the KingsCup is a bigger event thats true, but the race in Dubai is part of the U.A.E championchip and thats 6 races in 1 year
    I was making an observation, that's it.
    Are you racing in this "series"?? I realize there is probably major $$$ involved, and that's great for the sport. I just wish we would here more about the results here in the states.
    It seems that each year when they have these races, there are no results posted.

Do you know who the "Big" racers will be in this series? I don't. That's why I asked. There is a whole other group of "racers" that we in the states rarely, if ever see here. I want to here more about this series, who's racing, and where we can see the results and payouts, and maybe some pictures and videos. I'm not saying that those racing in this series aren't great racers. And, I know the World Finals is just one race, and that some racers never go to the WF's, but may be very capable of winning here, if they showed up.

Here in the states, we basically have about 4 more months of no racing, until the first series starts up. So, I'd sure like to follow a few races during that time.

Edit; what kinda payouts are we talking about, per race, and for the overall winner of the U.A.E. series??

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    i have made some photos of the races there, but i do not have the same photo equipment as you , you should fly over there.

Banned User
    +1
    You need to get one of those rich Sultan's or King's to send their private jet over here to pick me up. I'll hook them up with all the pictures they want.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information