Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Appologizes for the last user title katz1002's Avatar

How did you get started?

How did you first get intrested in skiing was it random or self choice or force

How i got started is,

Well about a year ago i was working for one of my customers on his sea doo i think and he let me ride it this was my first time on ANY ski he let me go alone and at first i was a little hesitant but i just let it rip and then the addiction started a few months later i bought the polaris rode it one for 30 seconds and that was the end of the ski, BUT then i met another customer named Joyce Baumgart and she let me ride all of her skies 3 seadoos one a 2000 ish and the others 95 and 96, the 95 ran out of gas and needs a carb rebuild now, then the 96 i went wild and did a 180 and i guess got some junk in the carbs cause it needed a carb rebuild too.
    but the 2000 runs perfect still and then i bought the 1992 ultranautics sea flash i just got it running tonight and i still got carb work to do but other than that i have to rebuild joyces skies then i hopefully have my own skis to ride Once the disease gets in you theres no cure anymore

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Back in 1994, a customer of mine,(I owned a landscape bizz) bought a brand new 1994 SLT Polaris. It was the first ski I ever rode and then the second ski I rode was a rental that same year out at Catalina Island.
    That 1994 SLT Polaris is in my backyard, lovingly named "Polaris Hilton", because she only does a coupla things real well and is high maintenance.
    I now own six ski's, 5 different brands, and I guess you could say I've got the bug.

+1
    Loved Jetskis from the get-go. Just didn't have the money at the time for a rich guys toy..lol Never rode one but thought, Hey, I think I'd like to do that. looks like a blast.

Finally had enough $$ to get one. Paid 2100.00 for my 95slt back in 2001. Loved it ever since. Came with 2 life vests, the real owners hard back manual,lanyard, shorelander trailer, ophead, copper gaskets and the ocean pro F/A/s, and a cover for the ski. The guy paid 8500.00 new, I have the original bank loan papers from his bank. The month after he paid it off, I bought it. he paid over 10,500.00 for the ski after he was done paying it off.

Never tuned anything, just rode it.>>>>><<<<<Newbie.. Finally 1 day, out in the lake screwing around doing doughnuts, I sucked a rock into the pump. bad news,,,,jammed the pump. thought it was the motor that fried. Sat for 3 years until I bought a 94sl and swapped motors. runs good again. And changed the pump.

Funny thing is,,Now I have 2 more skis, and they both together cost less than the 2100.00 I have in the SLT!.DOH! (the Pro and the SLX).
    Now I have 3. 4 sorta with the sl... I'm addicted. Oh, the sl was 500.00 running.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Always wanted to ride one, but never knew anyone that had one.

Took the GF at that time to rent a couple. We rode the hell out of them, and 1 week later, I bought one from Ebay.

Found this site, and that added to the addiction. Bought 3 more hulls and numerous engines/parts since then.

Yeah, I'm addicted.....

I've been into jet ski's for the last 7 years. Just never owned my own

I always used them on holiday etc and luv them, until this year I went to Spain and they wanted 60euros around 100bucks for 15mins usage of a jet ski

Now bearing in mind me my dad and my cuz all wanted 1 each i felt they were taking the p*ss, so we didnt bother, this rattled my cage and upon returning home i started looking into get my own ski figuring I had save 180euros not hiring them in Spain

Anyways I come across the 780SLT on ebay as a runner but overheats after 10mins usage, it come with a trailer etc, i placed a post on here and you guys all helped and gave advice saying it should be a easy fix, i had seen the ski in question advertised for £950pound however i got it for £300pound around $550bucks so i bought it

You guys trouble shooted it with me on here and now she is a gooden and I cant wait for some warmer weather now i have a roller trailer and a working fuel gauge and no errors lol

I think i have started a new obsession in my life with jet ski's though

+1
    A neighbor took us out for the day on his ski and while I was admiring his sea-doo he asked "how often do you use your "ski-doo's" in the garage. It doesn't snow enough in Chicago anymore to warrant a "sled" so we decided to get into PWC's. Getting a Polaris was an accident (a good one too) because when I was shopping for a ski in 1996 the sea-doo dealers and yamaha dealers were out of stock. Went to Rydens Marine in Hazelhurst, Wi and the owner (Jerry Ryden) not only sold me a SLT780 but cut me a great deal and showed me how to ride it and how to maintain it.

i have always loved going fast, i spent alot of time riding atv's hot sweat'y and coughing up dirt. i thought i would try going fast on water. two days after i got the idea i got my first ski a 09fzr heck that was only three months ago. even though ive only riden it a few weekends i love it and the wife wants one. caint wait till this summer. got some modding to do.
    Last edited by perk_1405; 01-03-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: oops

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Interesting stories. Great idea for a thread. Good thinking there Katz!!

+1
    Came home one night about 1030 11 ish and my dad "Hayabusa" was looking at some parts for his Yamaha jet boat on Ebay. I glanced over at the screen as he was scrolling down the page and saw a jetski. I tols him to go back and we looked at it, It was a 94 sea-doo xp for a buy it now of $1,000 from a pawn shop in Detroit. I had just come back from the Marine Corp and wanted to take the summer off and spend it with my Father, so i said screw it, lets buy it, so I clicked the buy it now button and two days latter we grabed our guns and took a drive into detroit to pick her up, both of us have been addicted ever sence.

+1
    I bought a 19' boat in '06 but wanted something for solo trips to the lake. I started checking ebay, considered a SeaDoo my friends family owned, and finally bought a '96 SLT780 off craigslist.

I burned the 780 down and rebuilt it with the help of GH. I then bought a '97 SLTX with a blown motor off CL and rebuilt it. It's in the projects section getting ready for triple pipes.

Then I bought another '97 SLTX off ebay.

My 4th ski is a '97 Pro 785 with blown motor.

I've arranged to buy a motor and some other goodies for the Pro. I have a sale pending on the 780, and I'm going to part out the 2nd SLTX and keep the Pro and piped SLTX.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information