Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need a Consensus on IC speed gains

Ok, I hear a lot of different numbers, so I'd like everyone to post how many mph they gained from adding an intercooler (XS, RIVA, RR, doesn't matter), along with the other necessary parts like the thru hull and a 15/20 impeller. That way I can compile the numbers and get an average so I can see what I can expect.

This is for an RXP. But feel free to post for other skis too.

Thanks guys.

well this is a little difficult, bc so many parts add up the power and enable you to run a steeper prop to get the speeds...

I went from 62-64 ish with a power pipe, R&D air filter kit, re-pitched stock prop to a high of 69 with changing to/adding the IC, power filter kit, thru hull, fuel pressure reg, RR therm, colder spark plugs, etc., and a dif ecu to get me to 8100 R`s...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 08-31-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    well this is a little difficult, bc so many parts add up the power and enable you to run a steeper prop to get the speeds...

I went from 62-64 ish with a power pipe, R&D air filter kit, re-pitched stock prop to a high of 69 with changing to/adding the IC, power filter kit, thru hull, fuel pressure reg, RR therm, colder spark plugs, etc., and a dif ecu to get me up to 8100 R`s...PR...
    I need individual tests. I can't get accurate #'s from guys adding an IC with 10 other parts. I also don't want estimates...example: Well out of those 10 mods I think the IC was worth 4mph.

I said the IC and other necessary parts. Ok, forget the thru hull it doesn't add speed, just makes room. But I listed the 15/20 because Ive read that running a 14/19 after IC install slows you down.

Anyone add just an IC and 15/20 without adding 10 other things at the same time and document the speed gain?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER BONER
    I need individual tests. I can't get accurate #'s from guys adding an IC with 10 other parts. I also don't want estimates...example: Well out of those 10 mods I think the IC was worth 4mph. I said the IC and other necessary parts.

Since your asking so nicely I'm sure everyone is going to help you.

First off I doubt anyone added just an intercooler then done a speed test. The ic is going to affect a modded ski differently than a stock one. You can't say an ic is worth 2.725 mph no matter what level your ski is.

Secondly, I don't think an ic is really a speed adder type mod. Sure it adds some hp but its main function is to fight heat fade. A bigger/external ic is more efficient at cooling higher air temps when the water is warmer. When the air and water are cool the stock ic is at only a slight disadvantage but as temps rise that gap grows.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel
    Since your asking so nicely I'm sure everyone is going to help you.

First off I doubt anyone added just an intercooler then done a speed test. The ic is going to affect a modded ski differently than a stock one. You can't say an ic is worth 2.725 mph no matter what level your ski is.

Secondly, I don't think an ic is really a speed adder type mod. Sure it adds some hp but its main function is to fight heat fade. A bigger/external ic is more efficient at cooling higher air temps when the water is warmer. When the air and water are cool the stock ic is at only a slight disadvantage but as temps rise that gap grows.
    Ok this is what I hate about internet conversations because you can't get a feel for how the person is saying something. In no way did I mean to sound like a jackass dude. Im just asking and being specific on what Im asking. Sorry. Lets not turn this into a war room thread.

Im not asking for 4 significant figures on speed gains either dude. I just asked a question. Answer it or don't please. Thank you.

bump^^^

Oh Yeah, did I forget to mention that I`m swinging a 16\21 prop too!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 08-31-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Currently I have:
    Riva thru hull exaust
    riva old SC impeller
    4" intake
    riva intake grate
    riva sponsons
    stock prop (14/19 needs some cleaning up and refinish)
    I run solid 70.somethings. On cold mornings I get get a max gps of 71.6, but I don't count that since it takes perfect conditions

This weekend I will see what the RE block offs do.

In the next couple of weeks I will be able to tell you what the Riva IC does to my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    bump^^^
    wow...what the hell did i do wrong here.

I just said I didn't mean to be a jackass. I was asking a question. Why do people have to take offense to it? I'll say it again, I didn't mean to come across as a jackass. Sorry...again.

Someone recommended this forum saying guys were nice but woah?!

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_
    the next couple of weeks I will be able to tell you what the Riva IC does to my setup.
    Thank you very much Lurker. Thats all I was asking for.

Yes, the members here are second to none! I fully understand your question and what response your looking for. I think the majority would have answered the same with other mods included. It might take several days to weed out the 2 or 3% of members who maybe just added the IC.
    I tried to answere your question the best that I could. Hope someone else will chime in and get you what you seek. It`s all good!. ...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information