Skegs on RXP-X adds to buck?

I was wondering if I do the welded skegs convertions, offered in the Online store, will this increase the chance of bucking? more so then running the Riva plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Project_X View Post
    I was wondering if I do the welded skegs convertions, offered in the Online store, will this increase the chance of bucking? more so then running the Riva plate?

I have a Jim's plate with skegs welded on and no bucking yet (knock on wood) and I rode the ski with Jim's plate all summer... but I dont think skegs will increase the chance of bucking because it does not increase the volume of water entering the pump tunnel... they are put on to increase tracking... I hope this helps you...

Quote Originally Posted by t_hoang02 View Post
    I have a Jim's plate with skegs welded on and no bucking yet (knock on wood) and I rode the ski with Jim's plate all summer... but I dont think skegs will increase the chance of bucking because it does not increase the volume of water entering the pump tunnel... they are put on to increase tracking... I hope this helps you...
    I just send my plate to get modded over at jims . How so you like the plate so far ?

I like it... I gain a solid mph from it on my px... And with the skegs it really helps my track straight... I know people says that skegs hurts turning but I haven't notice and differences...

forgot to add... If you're running a pump wedge on a rxp-p with a modded ride plate, it will increase your chances of bucking... I had a wedge on my's but JD1 suggested that I removed it...

+1
    forgot to add... If you're running a pump wedge on a rxp-p with a modded ride plate, it will increase your chances of bucking... I had a wedge on my's but JD1 suggested that I removed it...
    thats only on Jims "Open Loop" plate

Thanks for the info pal. just one more question as far as the turning goes with the skegs on, you really dont feel and difference? or is the difference so little is almost goes unnoticed?

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    thats only on Jims "Open Loop" plate

sorry about that.. what JD1 said...

Quote Originally Posted by Project_X View Post
    Thanks for the info pal. just one more question as far as the turning goes with the skegs on, you really dont feel and difference? or is the difference so little is almost goes unnoticed?
    I really don't feel any difference.. I means it take a little more effort to do a 180 whip but nothing a little more throttle wont fix...

yeah i am running the modded plate with the open loop ..... i guess i have to remove the pump wedge

Thread Information