Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dam it came togther and clicked than exploded

Well they always run the best before they explode. Iím done for the year no compression in two holes and lots of metal, but man I'm still happy. The reverse gate was an amazing fix and covered ľĒ on my nozzle since I donít run a hook or wedge, my VTS is trimmed all the way up and sure the exit pressure was hitting gate. After I trimmed the bucket off I also tried the stock pitch Solas 14/19 prop which put me hard on the limiter. Pitched down .045Ē and still on the limiter 8450RPM but speed was back up to 77-78 and hull started bouncing again which is usually speed related so I lowered my trim tabs .040Ē, put another .020Ē pitch in the impeller and I swore the GPS read 80.5 mph but had came out of my life jacket and bounced which will make them read fast, however it felt fast and smooth. Turned around for a back up run and that was all she wrote and went out with a puff of smoke. Iím convinced the reverse gate was causing me lots of tuning grief. Now why did it blow? I think it was on the limiter to long to much and it always reads 8400-8450 and never say 8500, should have known cause it wasnít changing. Being on a limiter to much will cause bad thing to happen. I also run a trimmed down supercharger housing and air was only 78 deg todayís and pulling 9.5Lbs of boost which is 1/2 lbs more than norm so could have gone lean, donít run the Vortec impeller without more fuel. Good luck to rest of you guys Iím done for the year.
    Thanks Skippy (Mark at Race Tech) for all your help, it was flying!

+1
    Damn Craig... i hate to hear this man. Yea, with that much boost you gotta have one of Nils fuel controllers and bigger injectors. Im sure you ran lean and burnt it down

That is great news on the reverse bucket though. I had a close look at mine today and it was covering my nozzle by at least 1/2". I got out the jig saw and trimmed that bitch up.

Going ride in the morning.... hope i dont go BOOM!!!

+1
    check out my reverse bucket pics here:
    http://greenhulk.net/?p=52

+1
    My guess is we see you up and running again...Beginning of August is way too early to bow out my friend...September maybee...But August...I made the mistake of shutting mine down in late September last year to upgrade pistons and cam...Never again...Too long off the machine for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Damn Craig... i hate to hear this man. Yea, with that much boost you gotta have one of Nils fuel controllers and bigger injectors. Im sure you ran lean and burnt it down

That is great news on the reverse bucket though. I had a close look at mine today and it was covering my nozzle by at least 1/2". I got out the jig saw and trimmed that bitch up.

Going ride in the morning.... hope i dont go BOOM!!!
    I used one of those router things on mine. Spins around and whatever you touch cuts off.
    Taking it out today.

I know down in August sucks but really donít have time to rebuild it right now. The big one is re-doing another cylinder head with big valves and the porting. Wouldnít be happy if a new motor didnít run as good as my old one. Middle cylinder has leaned out and died, piston came apart and head of the Intake valve is MIA so Iím sure itís a whole new motor. Thinking on getting a RXT and switching the parts over, your right spent the weekend on the boat and so boring!

+1
    Skippy has my old Rotax Racing head kicking around his shop...If you wanted something to play with... it is yours..

That is very generous of you but most likely Iíd find that head in a Jewelry pawn shop by now. Thanks Iím going to figure out what to do this week.

Burnwater, You said your boost is at 9.5. How are you getting that much boost? The most I see on my digital boost gauge is 8 lbs @ 8450 rpms. Also are you running a wedge?

I believe Craig also had a nice head and port job from Mark at Race Tech which may have added that extra boost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information