Good Combination?

I'm putting together a list of parts i want to buy and put on over this winter. I'm looking for some feed back if this is a good combination or not.

RIVA Stage 1
    vortech sc impeller
    metal washers 05 style- 50hrs on my ski
    Blow off valve- not sure about
    rotax motor mount -if i have enough cash
    stainless wear ring - if i have enough cash

I had a thought- if you put a rotax mount with a standard wear ring, would the standard ring last just as long a stainless- assuming the mount keeps the impellor from touching.

Any good performance benifit from changing the thermostat- on the consideration list.

My brother in law has an 04 rxp w/ stage 1 and vortech impellor- i'm looking to keep up with him maybe not beat but keep it close on my rxt

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    The advantages of the blow off have changed. It leaks boost and is not needed with metal washers. Do get the ss wear ring. The damage done to it is not the impeller deflection but the trash that goes through it. You really need the 4 inch itake, riva grate, solas impeller to go with ss wear ring.

If you want to have the fastest moded RXT in your riding area you can't go wrong with the mods that you see in my signature, is that simple

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by GPR/STX-15F/RXT
    If you want to have the fastest moded RXT in your riding area you can't go wrong with the mods that you see in my signature, is that simple

Ray
    Or see my signature.....Ray, wassuppp??? I have not been riding in 2 weeks and now Ernesto is here to ruin my weekend......

Hoops, Welome to the forum !

If your just looking to maintain the same speeds, keep in mind his is a 2 seater with dif characteristics and faster from the start. I would install a air filter kit to help breath better, def the riva vortech SC impeller, and tweak the prop. You have the resonator removed, but what/whose pipe do you have in there.

If your looking to remain keeping it simple, I wouldn`t go with an electronic upgrade nor the larger injectors, they require other enhancements.

IMHO, BOV NO...
    the steel washers are a great idea and a way to ensure there would be no ceramics to blow apart and fall into the engine.
    The rotax mount, and the stainless wear ring are driveline stability and duration items. All these listed here do not make more speed or power.

If you live in Hot climates, then you would benefit from the RR thermostat. or if you have stage II mods to help prevent detonation.

when your ready, and you start building more power, if you are eating up wear rings, then I would go for the RR engine mount, skat bearing pump mod and the stainless wear ring.

other than that, simple bolt ons like air filter kit, riva wheel, and depending on what exhaust you currently have will get ya approx 50-100 more RPM`s if your not on the limiter now. and some prop tweaking...hope this helps ya out...PR...

Oil on RXP

Just found site, NC Heel are you near lake Norman? I have a brother there. I live on Claytor Lake off of I81. I have a 2005 RXT with Stage 1 and supercharger impellor Gps at 68.7 at 2100 ft agl. Only turning 7650 RPM. I have 135 hours and believe the supercharger is slipping. Going to up grade after the riding season. All ready rule my lake. I also have a 2005 Rxp that I let my 20 year son ride more then me. It wiped my ass twice already. It has the Stage one also. Gps at70.8 at 2100 agl 95 degrees. It turns a good rpm of 7950. I guess the supercharger clutch is not slipping yet. It has 39 hours on it.

I have a guestion about a problem I have run into on the RXP. I noticed I was losing oil. After looking I noticed it was in the bottom of the ski. The only external place I figured it could leak was at the oil cooler. I took the air intake off and ran it and looked at it with a borascope. Sure enough it was dripping a steady stream off the bottom of it. I took it off to check the o rings but they looked good. I pressure checked the cooler no leaks there. I am in the process of installing new o rings and trying again. Has anyone else run into a problem like this?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Piper welcome. Check this thread about a lake norman ride out http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10627 I love the state park at claytor lake, haven't been there in years. I had wondered if there were many skis there since its so small. With that many hours I would also expect clutch slippage, suprised washer are still together.

Not really sure about the oil problem and I didn't know the skis had oil coolers. Keep in mind that the skis have a tube that goes from the motor to the air intake that vent gases and oil. Over time the intake tube will accumulate a good amount of oil. Lots of people run a catch bottle.

+1
    Welcome to the Forum

+1
    Piper, do u still have warranty? The dealer can replace the oil cooler if there's a problem with it.

Thread Information