Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Multi Function Gauges

I've come to that point where I want to know a little more info about what's going on in the motor than what I can feel and see from the stock gauges. I also don't want to have 3 or 4 gauges mounted somewhere (I'm more of a stealth kind of guy) so I'm looking into getting a multi-gauge which is essentially one gauge that can show me several parameters.

This one caught my eye:

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

To be honest, I've never heard of the company. What I like is that they have a small LCD that shows EGT, AFR, and Boost all at the same time so I don't have to hit a button to scroll between the functions. I can seal the LCD with some silicone and mount it somewhere easy to see while still being out of the way. It's kind of expensive though, by the time you add up the kit with the LCD, the boost sensor, and the EGT sensor, it's around $600. Pricing page is here:

http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm

I guess if you start adding up comparable innovative/dynotune gauges, you would probably be somewhere in the same ballpark and still have to find a place to mount 3 seperate gauges.

The only thing I don't like is you can't display the output of a pressure sensor on the LCD.

Has anybody heard of this company? Is anybody using any other type of multi gauge?

+1
    I got real close to getting the PLX Gauges Multi-gauge. They had mentioned releasing the fuel pressure sending unit back in November, but their other business has taken off and has taken their priority. They are now saying the fuel pressure sending unit will be released seomtime int he Spring. I couldn't wait, so I went with another Dynotune. I currently have the fuel pressure and boost gauge installed in my left mirror, and working on getting the AFR gauge installed in the right, leaving me enough space for one more gauge...water temp for the heat exchanger colling set-up. I'll do that one before too long.

EDIT: http://www.plxdevices.com/multigauges.html

Just checked out the PLX gauges. They look very nice. I wasn't aware that they could display 4 outputs simultaneously and I like that it's round, I think I could hide it right where the hood latch is on my UMI setup.

The down side is it's freakin expensive. For the DM100, wideband 02, boost, egt, and oil pressure modules, it comes to damn near $800! And you also have to mount 4 separate modules somewhere, which I guess wouldn't be the end of the world. But having one central "brain" that everything hooks into, like the zeitronix, is very convenient. The zeitronix also has data logging.

+1
    The sending unit boxes are pretty small...like 4" x 2" x 2". Those aren't exact, but should be pretty close. I think they are stackable.

Dynotune equivalent:

Boost: $180
    EGT: $200
    LC-1: $280
    TOTAL: $660

Dynotune doesn't have a Oil Pressure, but they do have Oil Temp, which would put you over $800. I don't have a clue on what Zietronix offers and comparible pricing.

+1
    Motec has a nice display.
    http://www.motec.com.au/adl3/adl3overview/

Not sure if its standalone to be used with stock inputs or if it needs there ECU for inputs.

+1
    I have purchased the PLX Display & for now the AFR & Boost sensors to try out on my Ultra. If they work ok I will go ahead & add a couple of more sensors. I will probably put the sensor modules in some sort of water proof box. The sensor modules are suppose to be stackable but 1st attempt I got them about 1/4 of the way & decided you damn near needed a press to finish the job. I will keep them separate. Initial fire up of the display was impressive.

I am trying the multiguage single display as I currently have 4 separate Autometer guages mounted on the glove box of my RXT-X & am adding the RacePac EGT display as well. If the PLX works well on the Ultra I may backfit the RXT-X with the PLX also. I'll keep you posted.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    I have purchased the PLX Display & for now the AFR & Boost sensors to try out on my Ultra. If they work ok I will go ahead & add a couple of more sensors. I will probably put the sensor modules in some sort of water proof box. The sensor modules are suppose to be stackable but 1st attempt I got them about 1/4 of the way & decided you damn near needed a press to finish the job. I will keep them separate. Initial fire up of the display was impressive.

I am trying the multiguage single display as I currently have 4 separate Autometer guages mounted on the glove box of my RXT-X & am adding the RacePac EGT display as well. If the PLX works well on the Ultra I may backfit the RXT-X with the PLX also. I'll keep you posted.

Doug

Awesome, please keep us posted on your findings.

Just curious if the modules are sealed? Do they get hot?

I also found a thread last night but I'm too lazy to find it now..anyway, Diggs installed a PLX gauge with 3 modules. He has a few pics of his install.

I emailed Zeitronix to ask if they could somehow make the LCd display a pressure instead of lambda. I don't have high hopes but seeing as its a few hundred bucks cheaper than the PLX, I figured it was worth an email.

gauges

I like my Plx so far. It is a little hard to read in direct sunlight. I am too waiting on the fuel pressure module to come out too.

I had spoken to some people in the "know" and was told the Plx a/f was more accurate than the other units in its price range.

Greg

here is a link to my gauge install: scroll down......
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97564

It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1
    Here's what I'm working on using my Motec M400. Its a 7" 16:9 LCD touchscreen running windows XP. Al ot left to do but when finish I can display justy about anythinbg I want as well as reprogram my ECU mappings, RPM limit etc... while I'm riding.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    I like my Plx so far. It is a little hard to read in direct sunlight. I am too waiting on the fuel pressure module to come out too.

I had spoken to some people in the "know" and was told the Plx a/f was more accurate than the other units in its price range.

Greg

here is a link to my gauge install: scroll down......
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97564
    what are your thoughts on fit, finish, and quality. Do the modules give off any heat? Are they sealed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information